May 2018 archive
MY TOPIC : OLIGODENDROCYTES
1) What questions did you need to research in order to research your topic?
What is an oligodendrocyte?
Why are oligodendrocytes important?
Where are oligodendrocytes found?
What do oligodendrocytes do?
2) What new or familiar digital tools did you try to use as you worked through this project?
I used Google as well as Gale Engaged Learning to find my information.
3) What was the process you used to investigate the topic?
I established questions first. After I searched up oligodendrocyte to see what would come up on Google and Gale. Next, I made questions and researched.
4) How did you verify and site the information you found?
For the information I found on Gale, I did not verify the information because I know it’s already pre-filtered for me. On Google, I checked the article date and it’s author. I also checked the website and what it was about. I verified by checking a few other sites to see if the same information was given.
5) How did the process of completing this challenge go? What could you have done better?
The process was relatively easy for me because I have some experience with this. I did a couple of things in my English class, which was first semester, about finding valuable information so I did not struggle with this challenge. I think I could have used more websites on the school library page rather than going on Google but the information I found on Google was easier for me to understand.
Here is a link to Claire’s Edublog where we have our project posted:
Meiosis – division of cells
- What I made: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/easy-sausage-carbonara/ This is a pasta recipe I chose because I thought it was a great recipe to make because of it’s ingredients. It has little ingredients and they are ingredients that most people have in their homes. I think it’s a great recipe for people who want something simple and delicious to make. It is a main appetizer.
2. Main Appetizer: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/rice-recipes/crab-asparagus-risotto/
I chose this rice recipe because it’s gluten free and looks tasty. I would like to go gluten-free and this recipe seems perfect for people who are sensitive to gluten or are gluten-free.
3. Main Appetizer: https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/lemony-courgette-linguine/
I chose this pasta recipe because it does not have many ingredients and is good for anyone to make. I think that this recipe with some chicken and salad would make a healthy and nutritious dinner.
*All of these recipes are in metric measurement*