Name of your Host: Tatyana Relationship to Me: Mom
- What is your job title? Operations Specialist
- What is your job description? Doing payroll and time keeping for the drivers.
- What are the duties and/or tasks you preform at your job? Working on a daily schedule and calculating driver’s hours.
- What qualifications do you have for this job in the following areas:
– Training? Book keeping and accounting training.
– Education? Technical Education
– Experience? Software Experience (Keyboarding, Excel, Word)
– Skills and Attributes (Personal Qualities)? Math Skills
5. What are some of the things you like about the job? It is fast-paced and challenging.
6. What are some things you dislike about the job? It sometimes becomes very stressful in a short amount of time.
7. How do you anticipate this job changing in the next 5 years or so? Time keeping software will be perfected, therefore having less manual entries.
- Give three reasons why you would like this job (be specific):
a) I would like this job because you have a calm work environment that is not chaotic or hectic. It is calm office space with only a few other workers.
b) You have a stable job with set work hours. You don’t have to worry about getting customers/clients and you work 8 to 4 pm everyday with weekends off.
c) The job pays well.
2. Give three reasons why you would not like this job (be specific) :
a) I would not like this job because there are a lot of calculations involved. I do not like math and would not like to use it for my career. You must calculate every drivers hours and payroll every day.
b) The job is very stressful. There are hundreds of drivers that work many hours every day. Calculating payroll for each and every one of them by a certain date is very stressful. Especially if you accidentally mess up your calculations and give less/more hours to a driver. The driver will be angry at you and end up getting paid less or more than they should.
c) It is not exciting. You do the same thing over and over again every day for years. I like jobs that are exciting and innovative.
3. Is this job for you? Why or why not?
Personally, this job is not for me because there is a lot of math involved. You are constantly calculating drivers hours and their salaries. The job is also very stressful. You must calculate all the payroll by Friday every single week. If you make a mistake, the driver will receive more or less money than they are supposed to. In my opinion, I found the job quite boring. You do the same thing everyday for years. I would like to have a job that is exciting and innovative.
4. Explain the value of TOKTW experience in relation to your ideas about your post secondary (after high school) plans (education?, training?, travel?, work?).
TOKTW is an experience that gives youth a glimpse into the future. It is a day that shows youth what it will be like for them in a few years. It shows them what it means to be able to provide for yourself while doing something you enjoy. Going to your parents work gives you an opportunity to see if their job is something that interests you. It was a good experience that showed me that I wanted an exciting job, that evolves every day. Without this experience, I wouldn’t have known that.