While going through the process of deciding whether to buy or lease a car, I decided that buying was the better option. For buying you get to own something and you keep it until it’s unusable and get a new one 10 years later. It’s cheaper in the long run and you can customize the car if you want. If you need money, you can sell the car and get a cheaper one but if you have a lease, you don’t get any money if you cancel. Buying a car is better because it is cheaper and you get ownership in a vehicle which is much better than using a vehicle which is not yours.
While working on this assignment I learned the different aspects of buying vs leasing a vehicle and how they can benefit people differently. I also learned that leasing a vehicle doesn’t make sense if you have enough money to buy because you will be wasting your money if you do so.
1) No cannibalism
2) No maiming
3) Everything we have is portioned equally (food, water)
4) Freedom of speech
5) Designated bathroom area
6) Complete daily jobs
7) Support one another if safe
8) No fighting physically
9) If rules broken, 1 lap around island
10) No wandering away, stay in pairs
In this assignment we built a rube Goldberg machine that completed the task of taking a picture, we used house hold items, cardboard and other general objects you can easily find to build the machine. The purpose of this machine was to have different energy conversions to help understand our unit of energy. We visualized and explained the machine in our explanation video alongside expanding on the energy transfers. We had many kinetic to kinetic, kinetic to gravitational and also electrical to kinetic alongside others to reach our final goal of hitting the phone and taking a picture.
1. In order to research my topic, I needed to search up how galaxies expand and how the Big Bang created space. I also researched what happened with the matter in the universe – does it just spread out or does more get created. With this I was able to find sources which gave me information about the expansion of space and how it started. I also found different informations about the expansion of galaxies within.
2. I attempted to narrow all my searches to government and education sites on google and destiny and then took down all the key points and put it in the PowerPoint. I found my video on YouTube which explained my project with detail. I then connected it to the edublog.
3. In order to create this presentation I researched various ideas and questions and found many sources which I then narrowed down to 4 which I found key points in and turned it into a PowerPoint.
4. I made sure that the sources were on verified cites used for education or government owned to get the most accurate information I could.
5. I think that I could I explained each idea a little deeper and maybe expanded my idea to connect to other ones which go deeper into the expansion of our universe but overall I think I learned a lot from just researching and going over differencpt sources and just using my own words to create the presentation from what I had read.
I knee that you could classify activities and your actions into the different competency sections. I learned that you can classify people’s backgrounds and stories into these sections and see what was important to them. My knowledge of core competencies can help me identify why people are doing what they do and how it’s helping them and their community.