Your About Me Page….is all about you. As you get more comfortable with it, it is an opportunity to express who you are, and share the things you like to do. But more so, this is where you can share the best of you. Include your Riverside leadership activities, field trip experiences, Rapid Change activities, and other amazing things you are doing. This page will grow and change as you do! Here are some ideas to get you started. Please refer to the safe blogging tips, to ensure you protect yourself and others online.
1) What is Your Favorite Quote: “If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you cant walk, then crawl. But whatever you do, you you have to keep moving forward.” Martin Luther King Jr.
2) What is Your Favorite YouTube Clip: Find your favorite YouTube clip, add it to your blog. Explain why you chose it. Add any clips that show some of the amazing things you’ve done. When you graduate you can have a list of videos from your entire school career.
3) Find a Picture that has Impacted You:
This image really changed me, and how i think about the world. It made me realize how selfish we were as humans. Because just because we are dominating the earth, doesn’t mean we are the only ones on here, what we do affect everyone. Especially if we are going to litter.
4) What is Your Favorite Website: https://www.shopicks.com/Consumer/9158391164648214?utm_term=link#/FriendsCollections
5) The History or Your Birthday:
|1513||Henry VIII of England and Emperor Maximilian defeat the French at Guinegate, France, in the Battle of the Spurs.|
|1777||France declares a state of bankruptcy.|
|1780||American troops are badly defeated by the British at the Battle of Camden, South Carolina.|
|1812||American General William Hull surrenders Detroit without resistance to a smaller British force under General Issac Brock.|
|1858||U.S. President James Buchanan and Britain’s Queen Victoria exchange messages inaugurating the first transatlantic telegraph line.|
|1861||Union and Confederate forces clash near Fredericktown and Kirkville, Missouri.|
|1863||Union General William S. Rosecrans moves his army south from Tullahoma, Tennessee to attack Confederate forces in Chattanooga.|
|1896||Gold is discovered in the Klondike of Canada’s Yukon Territory, setting off the Klondike Gold Rush.|
|1914||Liege, Belgium, falls to the German army.|
|1945||Lieutenant General Jonathan Wainwright, who was taken prisoner by the Japanese on Corregidor on May 6, 1942, is released from a POW camp in Manchuria by U.S. troops.|
|1965||The Watts riots end in south-central Los Angeles after six days.|
|1977||Elvis Presley dies of a heart attack in the upstairs bedroom suite area of his Graceland Mansion in Memphis, Tennessee|