I never really use desmos so right off the bat, my first challenge was to become familiar with the website. once i learned how to do the basics, it was fine but i didn’t know how to shade or how to insert photos. my plan for the project was to start off with simple stuuf such as the shape of my face and a tree. i wanted to do two trees, one with snow and one that was green. After I had those, I added more detail after that.
the first issue in the project i had was fixing my shading. Often i would shade the wrong parts or somethings i wanted to be shaded would be left blank. It took me a hot minute to get the shading down. I also had some details that i wanted to add such as one of the fire places but i could not figure out how to do it. i find that often i struggle doing projects online because i work better with paper. that was difficult to stay calm and focus on the project.
I found that going through my work book helped a lot because when there was a shape i wanted to do, i could look at examples of lines and how to do them. I also figured out that there are more than one method to do one type of line. I think this project helped a lot because it reminded me how to do many of the lines. It also made me think hard because when I had the shape but wanted to make it longer/ shorter or translate it to a different place, i got to use a lot of the strategies we learned in class. I also like the art component. I was not a huge fan of the online aspect but other than that i really liked this project.
Sometimes, people do bad things, and those bad things need to be dealt with in court. If the crime is severe enough, people can be sentenced to death! In the picture above, someone is being hung which is a form of capital punishment. Some other forms are: gas chambers, electric chair, and being shot. Hangings were a popular form of the death sentence back in the bay, and were used in many places around the world. Interested in more? Click the link at the bottom
Recently I have been pretty good about my workouts, however often I get lazy and cut my workouts short. this year for my Fitness 11 goal, I want to improve my determination and consistency with workouts. To do so, I am going to do little things like have pictures of people who inspire me, and put reminders in my phone to workout. I am also going to get better about drinking water so I will feel more energized and ready to workout.
by the end of this semester, I really hope that this goal happens because I will feel very accomplished
Today we are doing a reflection on our math this semester.
1. I thought that the blog posts were super dumb when I was actually doing them, but when it came to studying your for finals, it was really helpful to listen to my self explain something I didnt remember
2. It’s really helpful to do the practice tests in the work books because it is harder than the home work, but it works on your understanding and gives you a challenge
3. I did not enjoy the fonctions section in one of the units. When I was doing them in te unit it was really easy for me, but then it came to the finals, i completely forgot about them and couldn’t really figure out what I had to do with f(x). Make sure you don’t miss anything for the big tests.
4. Highlighting key words and definitions are very helpful because I did that for the first two chapters, and then stopped. I realized when I was studying for the mid term and finals that by having the key words and definitions highlighted, it was much easier and time efficient when I was remembering what to do during the chapter.
5. Just do your homework. I know that it’s not in everyone’s best interest to sit down and do math when they get home, but it helps so much. Even if you don’t do all of it, don’t leave your book empty. By at least doing a few questions, it can make all the difference to your understanding and your grade.
in this video, it shows a guy falling down the stairs. this is the concept of gravity. Gravity is an invisible force holing us to the ground. then he missed a step, gravity pulled him down causing him to fall. he is being pulled down at a speed of 9.8m/s because that is the speed of what all things fall at.
this video demonstrates the concept of uniform motion. where things move at the same speed, and never speed up or slow down. they just keep going like this forever. a place that has things moving at uniform motion is in space.