Nick.T and John Luis
for this podcast we first did our research about David Striped wolf and wrote a script for us to read off of. We explained key topics about the story and did a lot of research to do this podcast. We found free downloaded music on YouTube and incorporated the music into our podcast. The music is very faint to ensure that our voices won’t be drown out by the music. We faced many errors but overcame them and one common problem was making times to meet and record because over the long weekend we were very busy but we managed to finish our project on time.
Life changing past
Residential School survivor
Honouring David Striped Wolf
By: Nicholas Truong and John Luis
- Opening: A quick musical jingle
We are going to use free and downloadable music from YouTube.
- Introduction: A monologue style introduction introducing your hosts and what you will talk about on your show
Hi my name is Nicholas Truong and here is my partner John Luis Baladolid. Today we are going to honour David Striped Wolf and talk about his life at St Mary’s Roman Catholic School and after the residential school.
- Segue: Could be musical or a sound effect
Flow into one sentence into another.
No sounds to segue
Our sentences will flow together and will sound appealing
- Topic 1: Talk for about 3 minutes
Life at the residential school
Explains how his day and night was at the school
Problems and issues he encountered
Mental and physical injuries he obtained
- Vocal Segue: “We are going to move on and talk about…”
We are going to move one and talk about What was David’s life after St Mary’s?
- Topic 2: Talk for about 3 minutes
- Life after the Residential school
- What did he do after finishing the school
- Going back home how was he different or was he the same before he left to go to St Mary’s
- How big of an impact the residential school hit the community
- Consider adding a sponsored message or podcast advertisement
- We don’t have any advertisements
- Musical segue
- We are going to use sounds from creative common
- Topic 3: Talk for about 3 minutes
- How did david manage to change and turn his life around by being bad to good
- What did he had to do to change
- What were common problems David faced
- Closing remarks, thank the audience, guests, what will be on the next show
- Thank you for tuning in and sparing your time to listen to david’s story.
- Closing musical jingle
Free and downloadable music from YouTube
- Calls To Action (CTA)
- 17. P.G-29. 1: we call all levels of government to enable residential school survivors and their families to reclaim names changed by the residential school system by waiving administrative costs for a period of five years for the name change process and the revision of official identity documents such as birth certificates, passports, drivers licenses, health cards, status cards and social insurance numbers
- 21. P.G-32 2: we call upon the federal government to provide sustainable funding for existing and new aboriginal healing centres to address the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual harm caused by residential schools, and to ensure that the funding of healing centres in Nunavut and the Northwest Territories is a priority.
- 73. P.G-74 3: we call upon the federal government to work with the churches and aboriginal community leaders to inform the families of children who died at the residential schools of the child’s burial location, and to respond to families wishes for appropriate commemoration ceremonies and markers, and rebuttal in home communities where requested
1- Stories Introduction
St. Mary’s Indian Residential School
Alcohol Addictions and Residential Schools