- What colony did you represent?
I represented the Newfoundland colony.
- What did you feel were the biggest or most important issues for your colony?
Our biggest issues were transportation throughout the island colonies since we are nowhere near the other colonies. Also, we no longer have any trading routes due to British leaving us behind.
- What strategy did your group come up with to deal with those issues?
We made an agreement with the other colonies to make ferry system (which we pay the most for) we also have trading deals without the colonies that are made easier through our ferry system.
- Did you have to make any concessions during the negotiation phase? If so, what agreements or concessions did you come up with?
During the negotiation phase we did not eat to have to pay anything for the railway but it was not going to work out that way so now we are paying 10%.
- Were you happy with the outcome of the confederation debates?
Yes, I feel like we got most of what we wanted and didn’t have to give up too much.
- What is one thing you wish had happened differently with the final results and why?
I still hoped that we would not have to pay anything for the railway but we can’t always get what we want.
- Healthy Living
- This year, I am participating in PE 10 and hockey to meet DPA requirements (150 mins/week of moderate to vigorous physical activity).
- Next year, I will play hockey and workout on my own to meet DPA requirements.
- Other than physical activity, I will also need a concrete plan for working out and eating well in order to lead a healthy life after graduation.
- Course Credits
- I need 80 credits to graduate. A typical course is worth 4 credits.
- 48 of them must be from required courses.
- 28 of them must be from electives.
- 16 of them must be from Grade 12 courses.
- At the end of this year, I will have 40 credits.
- Community Connections
- I need 30 hours of work/volunteer experience. To show I completed this, I must show proof in the form of a pay stub or reference letter.
- I can start accumulating these hours in Grade 10.
- My plan to earn work/volunteer hours is through working.
- I will also need to complete a reflection that includes which employability skills, what I did, and how I benefited from it. It will be 200 typed words minimum.
- Career and Life
- In addition to updating my resume, I will also create post secondary and financial plan to show that I have a plan in place after graduation.
- When I graduate, my current plan is to go to University.
- To prepare for the interview, I can look at the questions ahead of time. They are found on the GT website.
- My interview will be with a riverside staff member.
- The 3 people at Riverside who are here to help with this process are:
- Mr. Thomson
- Ms. David
In Grade 12, I will find all the necessary documents AND submit them on the GT website.
I will complete Grad Transitions 12 whenever I have English 12. If I have it in 1st semester, I must complete everything except the interview before the sale of Winter Ball. In 2nd semester, everything except the interview must be completed before the end of April.