Molly Schmidt Mind Maps November 4th, 2015
1. How does Electricity never turn off in your house until you turn it off?
2. How was it created?
3. Who thought that there would be such thing as electricity?
4. Is electricity easy to create?
5. Where does it get its power from?
6. How does electricity contract heat?
7. What would our world look like without it?
8. Is it an expensive thing to own?
October 29th, 2015
Propaganda Poster Description
In this poster one would notice, that there are four types of propaganda. The four types of propaganda located in the poster are, fear, bandwagon, repetition, and glittering generalities. For fear, the pig “Major” is standing on a bail of hay, with a shadow of a pig devil. This is used, as the propaganda fear, because it is showing that Major isn’t doing any good for there future. He actually wants them to think what there’re doing is good, but actually is dangerous and bad, and a way to get back at the humans. Major singing the song “Beasts of England” represents bandwagon. This is bandwagon because it is sending a message to all the animals, about how they should be set free. The animals agreed to this because, the song had a big affect towards all of them. Repetition is shown by the repeating of the song lyrics sung by Major. In the song it repeats the lyrics of “beasts of England, beasts of Ireland”. And lastly glittering generalities is represented by the words at the bottom saying “two legs bad, four legs good”. This creates that type of propaganda because it is a slogan, that makes one thing sound bad, and another thing good. Hopefully one would enjoy, and understand this poster.
1.2 investigating Matter
During 1.2 investigating matter I learned many things. I learned what takes up space and has weight is called mass. The thing with all matter starting out with one state, means that they can change states. The way I remember the changes of the states, and what they are called is making up a song for them. There are 6 changes of matter, solid to liquid (melting), liquid to solid (freezing), liquid to gas (vaporization), gas to liquid (condensation), solid to gas (sublimation), and gas to solid (deposition). The theory of particles (atoms, molecules ) all are which in random constant motion and are always moving is called the kinetic molecular theory. And lastly we did a lab called “bag of change” we learned when you mix random chemicals together you can get a reaction of so,e sort for example the chemicals we added together became a different colour and started to change temperature.
September 20th, 2015
1) Exposition : “I’d like to inquire about a lot” the old man said, the effort of his decision evident in his voice. (115)
2) Rising Action: “i’d prefer an older location.” The old man looked down at his unpolished shoes, embarrassed. (115)
3) Rising Action: “Am i allowed…” He hesitated , correcting himself. “Is the purchase allowed to visit it at any time.” (117)
4) Rising Action: ” Ouch!” yelled Mr. Jerome. “That cursed bee just stung me.” (119)
5) Climax: “How dare you operate a beehive in this cemetery” (119)
6) Falling Action: “Mr. Jerome, I have done you a great surface. Your flowers have never been so magnificent or plentiful.” “Thats true.” he was forced to admit. (120)
7) Falling Action: It must be illegal, he thought with every intention rushing back to the office to examine the fine print. (120)
8) Denouement: “Mr. Jerome, i have reached an important decision: I should like to buy another lot.” (121)