1. Fire (i.e. what to do if one happens)
- Don’t wear loose and baggy clothes when working with open flame.
- Clean up spills and other chemicals before, during, and after using the tools.
2. Burns/Scalds (i.e. how to treat)
- Run the burnt area under running water for 15 minutes or more.
- Keep the area open to air.
- Keep all containers closed and tight lids.
- Don’t use the same tools for different chemical containers.
4. Slips/Trips/Falls (i.e. how to prevent)
- Keep the floor dry at all time.
- Proper non-slip footwear.
5. Cuts (i.e. how to prevent/how to treat)
- Sharpen the knives so that it’s sharp and make cutting easy enough so there is not fighting with the knife.
- Keep the cutting counter area clean at all time.
6. Heavy Lifting (i.e. of a bag of flour)
- Proper lifting position – from the legs and straight back instead of bending at the back.
- Do not lift things too heavy and ask for help if the object is too big.
7. How to Prevent Food Poisoning
- Do not leave food in open air without concealment and out of fridge and freezer.
- Use clean tools, and wash hands before eating the food.
8. Waste Management
- Clean the containers before throwing things away.
- Make sure the organic waste is frozen or thrown away.
9. Personal Hygiene
- Wash hands entering the kitchen and before leaving the kitchen.
- Tie up long hair and loose clothings.