Posts Tagged ‘ADL16Collaboration’

Science9 : Innovation Project Reflection

Core Competency

I believe that my Personal Responsibility skills stood out within our group and improved over the course of this project. Throughout the weeks that we worked on this project I showed personal responsibility by persevering difficult tasks like combining the idea of our Phone Alert and incorporating a circuit. By being responsible and creating ways for us to communicate outside of science class and staying organized and on a schedule helped us to implement, monitor and adjust plans to get the result we wanted. Staying organized and keeping my personal responsibility in check helped throughout and in case of an emergency issue with our project, we could have fixed it, like we had to do. In the end, I am now able to proudly take ownership of my learning and behaviour along with my equal part of our Innovation project. At the start, I would say that I was developing in these areas but am now refining because it was already one of my strengths but this Innovation collaboration project helped me to improve.

Collaboration Reflection

The overall collaboration for my group was very good. We all took equal part in the project to create the final product. There were no big issues between our group, but any small mishaps were easily fixed with teamwork and communication. I think my group all did their part, including myself and without us working together the way we did, we would not be as successful as we were.

Experience Debrief

Throughout the course of this project I learned more about and expanded my knowledge on electricity in our every day life and how our world is affected by electricity. It has the capability to solve many problems and using our creativity to innovate useful things opened my eyes to how just electricity and imagination can help the world. Something that I did not like about this project was that it was spaced out over a long period of time and way after we were finished the electricity unit. This made it more difficult because it was hard to remember every aspect of electricity that could have helped us if we did the project in a shorter period of time, more focused on only this and closer to the electricity unit. If I had the chance, I would definitely have gotten more help from the teachers available when needed to help us more in difficult areas instead of putting all of our effort into trying to do something that we didn’t necessarily know how to do. We were very independent with the project which I think is good, but a little help would have benefited us in the end. If I could send my group a message now that it’s over I would give the advice of not stressing too much over it and to just always work hard and stay on task. Doing these things 100% of the time could have made the experience less stressful. Overall, I am happy with how the experience turned out.