digital literacy questions:
- What questions did you need to research in order to research your topic?
- what is a light year?
- how are light years measured?
- how many light years away are the moon, mars and the sun?
- has anything been attempted before to see the earth from far distances in the past?
- do wee see everything in our every day lives in the past?
- how long is a light year compared to miles and kilometres?
- how long does it take for a space ship to travel one light year?
- how powerful are our best telescopes?
- how many light years into space is a telescope able to see?
- are we actually seeing everything in space in the past?
- are any new space telescopes laughing in the future that will change distances we are able to see into space?
- What new or familiar digital tools did you try to use as you worked through this project?
I used Science in Context from the schools library. I also used Youtube which was really helpful when trying to understand these topics. I found some information on google and different websites cited in my Sway project.
- What was the process you used to investigate the topic?
I looked through many websites to ensure I was finding accurate information. I also watched youtube videos after that so that I would be able to get a visual on my topic. I then wrote out my information so I could see what I understand and see what I don’t and what the questions I still needed to answer were. Then I repeated the process.
- How did you verify and cite the information you found?
I made sure the information was correct by looking at different websites and comparing but then also using different search methods such as google, youtube, and the school context library.
- How did the process of completing this challenge go? What could you have done better?
I think I could have dug into the topic farther and researched more about if something like this is already being done, weather that be into space or at earth (looking back into time with telescopes and lightyears). I also think I could have tried to thin about the obstacles int are future that would hold us back from this and maybe some solutions to get around them.
This is my project showing my future career plans.