Paragraph 1: Volunteer opportunities
- What is the volunteer opportunity that you are researching in your community?
- In the spring I will volunteer with my softball team at the special olympics at McLean Park in Port Coquitlam.
- How could this volunteer opportunity benefit your future?
- It can benefit my future because it can get me my work/volunteer hours to graduate high school
- Why are you passionate about getting involved within this field?
- Softball is one of my favourite sports and I actually volunteered at the same tournament last year. We help out in the concession, ump games and score keep.
Paragraph 2: Job opportunities
- What is the employment opportunity benefit your future?
- I’m not exactly sure what I want to do after high school, but I would really like to make a career in music. I know it’s hard, but people always say to follow your dreams.
- How could this employment opportunity benefit your future?
- It could benefit my future because it would allow me to be happy with the job i’m doing for a living because a quote that I live by is “Life only comes around once, so do what makes you happy.”
- What kind of qualifications would this opportunity require you to have?
- There’s nothing specific exactly that you would need to have this job, but in order to be successful in this field you would have to have a good voice, some musical skills and be able to write your own music.
- What current skills and qualifications do you bring to the job?
- I do voice lessons with a vocal coach every Monday to help gain better control with my voice. I can play the guitar, the ukulele and the piano and I have taught myself how to play each of those instruments on my own by using youtube and online teachers. I have written my own music with lyrics and instruments and people have told me a have a good voice.
- What steps do you need to take in order to be suitable for this position?
- I think I’m already on like the first step to the music industry by taking voice lessons. On https://www.mi.edu/in-the-know/how-do-you-get-into-the-music-industry/, it says these are the best few steps to build a career in music.
- How Do You Get Into The Music Industry?
- Decide Between an Independent Music Career and a Major Record Label.
- Understand It’s a Business, And You Will be Rejected.
- Build Your Brand.
- Know The Game Has Changed.
- It Still Takes Hard Work.
- Learn From Others, Find a Mentor.
- Hold On To Your Passion For Music.
- Photo link: https://soundbetter.com/profiles/81936-hal5-studio
One thought on “Community Connection Alternate”
Thank you for submitting the alternate assignment for Community Connection which is connected to COL. We have reviewed your Edublogs post, and have the following observations regarding your work:
– Good job looking up a volunteer and work opportunities
– Well done incorporating your reflection regarding these opportunities
Mr. Robinson and Mr. Barazzuol