1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities? Give at least two examples.
- A) There are many ways your digital footprint can affect your future opportunities. If you are trying to get into a college or university, most of them will try and find as much information about you online. Whether that information is positive or negative it can all affect your future. The same goes for if your looking for a job and you finally get that interview and that interview goes amazing, so they tell you you’ll get a call, but they end up searching your name on google after the interview is over and your twitter profile shows up. They start to read and maybe some of the things you’ve said or done, they don’t like so they deny you the job.
2. Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- A) Instead of having a public profile, change it to private so that way you can choose who follows you. Another thing you can do is not use your real name for your username so that way if people search up your name, your account won’t show up. When posting things be careful what your posting and what your captioning it, make sure it is appropriate.
3. What information did you learn that you would pass on to other students? How would you go about telling them?
- A) Something I learned was that if you have your location services on, Apple can not only track where you are but they keep all of the places you have been within the past month and they keep that information. I would tell other students that it might be better to have your location services off if you don’t want Apple keeping track of all the places you’ve been.