Wall-E End Credits
On earth that is full of rubbish and abandoned by humans, the earth is devastated, empty and dead. When Wall E accidentally found the last living plant on earth and regarded it as a precious treasure, I felt the importance of protecting the earth from now on, otherwise we are like in the movie, because Unable to survive and be forced to leave the earth on which we depend. Finally, humans planted the plant again and told the children that we would plant farmland. Over time, a cluster of green plants was growing stubbornly, indicating the hope of humanity.
Bambi lived in a peaceful forest, but the appearance of humans disturbed the calm forest again and again. Many of Bambi’s friends died, and even his mother died in human hands. Because humanity’s yearning for resources and money has broken the tranquility of nature, forcing animals in the forest to leave their homes and lose their loved ones.
Key Question: What would an ethic of care towards the environment look like?
- How do you personally define an ethic of care?
- A practise, value, disposition, or virtue.
- Practises and values.
- A species of activity, everything we do are maintain ,contain, repair the world around us.
- Attentiveness, aware of need.
- A willingness to respond and take care of need.
- The skill of providing good and successful care
- Personal interaction and dependency
- Opposition to justice, a kind of labour, a particular relationship.
2. What would be needed to create an ethic of care?
- This requires people to be aware of what is happening and how our small actions affect the environment. Humans need to know more about our consequences and how to solve it. In order to create an ethic of care, we need the knowledge to create a particular relationship, taking responsibilities and acting on it.
3. What would we have to believe about the environment to care for it? How should we see it?
- We need to stop disconnecting from nature and the environment. Human beings are part of nature, and we still need to take care of it, because it is humanity that needs nature to survive. But nature does not need to rely on us. There is an interdependent relationship between the environment and humans. People must keep the environment clean and ensure the sustainability of the environment. Since the environment is relevant to us, we should regard the environment as an important thing we should protect.
4. How would we act if we cared about the environment? – give scenarios
- Being more concerned about the environment will include stopping many things we do, such as littering, using too much plastic, wasting water, cutting trees a lot and destroying nature. Schools or companies can be educated to understand how our actions have a negative impact on nature and to make them realize that this is not something that is invisible, but it is something we should care about. Large institutions such as the government should also take action on this, such as stopping cheap mass production, which is causing serious air pollution in China and other countries. Destruction of nature is something we can’t simply ignore, but we can stop and protect nature from the little things around us.
5. What would be different about the world if everyone adopted this ethic of care towards the environment? Benefits and drawbacks?
- Global warming and climate change may be resolved so that we can live in a better place. The world will become greener and the food source will be fresher and healthier. If everyone follows a caring ethic, then the world may be a good place to live because everyone cares about each other. However, we may quickly deplete food such as meat, vegetables or fruits and cause famine. This will limit our activities.
6. Should we adopt an ethic of care towards the environment?
- Some extend, we should adopt an ethic of care so we can actually care the environment and co-exist without destruction. However，Humans would have to change our lifestyle, but certain ways of life will be hard to change.
I think traveling is a pretty good way to learn more from the world, and that is what we can do now on vacation. However, it is depending on how rich you are. How rich you are, directly influence your destination choice. I travel a lot, and every time I traveled, I think my thought has been developed, my vision of the world has been expanded. I have more knowledge about the world and will come up with some question for our society.
Competition is a good way for people to develop, such as compressive capacity, and can arouse people’s ambition. Through the competition, you may find that you are not that prefect, still need more knowledge. Therefore, you will start to reflect on myself, so that I can see my own shortcomings and improve. But this is moderate, because if there are too many blows, it will be the enthusiasm of the image.
Eric, an ordinary worker, one day had a superpower, which was to become transparent. He had this power after he got a black hat, he was pretty surprised with the power of that hat. However, when he put on the hat, his body became transparent, but his clothes were still on his body. When he walked on the road with a black hat, people who saw him was very frightened, there were some people fainted. Through experiments, Eric found that if he wanted anybody not to saw him, he must not wear anything but a black hat.
Eric had an idea: Nobody could see my face if I put on the black hat. I could use my superpower to steal, so I didn’t have to work hard anymore. And the police would not have any idea to catch me. Eric hid in the department store and wait for the chance. At midnight, there is nobody in the store, expect some security. Eric used his superpower and stole some luxury. He was pretty excited and hold these bag back home. This was the first time commit.
Eric became more arrogant after one win. He started to commit crimes, the value of the stolen goods is also higher than once. Eric fell in love with this feeling, he was more and more fearless. He is becoming more and more greedy, and the value of stealing is getting bigger and bigger. However, his arrogance attracted the attention of the FBI Special Capabilities Group. They found out that Eric’s ability came from the hat. When Eric was once again stealing, the FBI worked together to stop Eric and successfully knocked the hat over to the ground. Eric didn’t have his source of power and revealed his true body. Eric was arrested and sentenced to reimbursement of stolen goods. He was sentenced to 20 years in prison for the sheer number of thefts. The magical hat was also kept by the FBI as evidence.
The past week has been an important experience for me to understand the first nation in Canada. I think this is a very good learning experience for me, because I have never really studied it, and I have not even considered the food of indigenous people. Our team chose to study and complete our mission to Musqueam, and we learned how they can make good use of the resources around them, from wildlife such as deer hunting, bears and elk to how to grow and grow many different fruits and vegetables. Potatoes and carrots to several wild berries. Another important part we have learned is the importance of salmon. Salmon is one of the most important staples of Musqueam and a source of nutrient intake. And we also learned that Musqueam people like to eat turkey, so we decided to make the most traditional food, Bannock, and match with turkey. Since there was no turkey, we used chicken. During the production process, our team had no problems. The team members helped each other. The result of this dish was great. Bannock was golden and the chicken was perfect and juicy. One thing I want to change is Bannock, which is a bit boring and very hard to chew. We might change the amount of water in the recipe and the baking time to make Bannock softer. In general, this task is very eye-catching into the world of food, my favorite dish is the fruit tart of Unit 2, the taste is very good, the sweetness of Caska sauce is also perfect.