Name ________Lina Pan__________________
- Now that it’s over, what are my first thoughts about this overall project? Explain the positives and negatives.
There is too much content to search and need to query, and the points that social and English teachers focus on are different. This has caused me to feel overwhelmed and unable to understand what this project is going to do. However, the research we have made allows us to better understand the background of our topic. And let us have some social campaign ideas, which laid the foundation for the campaign behind us, and thus let us know the importance of understanding and opposing racial discrimination.
- What were some of the most interesting discoveries I made while working on this project? About the question? Or about myself? Or about others?
The most interesting thing is that the group members share all our racist stories, which resonate and start to be interested in this project. And through research, we know that it is very difficult to solve racial discrimination, but we can learn and let children get the education, so that children can change the concept of parents and elders, thus alleviating racial discrimination. And we want to make people as interested in our topic as possible so that we can influence the people around us.
- What were some of my most challenging moments and what made them so? How can these challenges be overcome if a similar situation arises in the future?
I personally think it is the research part because there are a lot of websites and content on the Internet, but it doesn’t match the content we need to search, which leads to a lot of time spent on research, which is a waste of time. And generally, the content of those articles in research is particularly long, but the content we need may be particularly short, and we need a lot of time and energy.
- What were some things about my group members that I am grateful for regarding this project?
I am very grateful to my team members Kelsey, Rosa, and Ella. We cooperate very well, Kyle can always arrange our work, and carefully listen to my suggestions for changes. Team members help each other, understand each other, and always complete all arrangements on time. We also exchanged mobile numbers so that any questions can be communicated by message.
- How did I help others during this process? How do I feel I may have hindered others?
Make suggestions when the opinions are different, and then discuss whether my recommendations apply. It took too long to do research, not so many friends can help in the social campaign
- What should I do differently from a personal standpoint the next time I work in groups?
Keep in touch with the team members, make suggestions in places that you don’t agree, listen to others’ opinions, and ask the team members if you don’t understand.
- How will the learning from this project affect my thinking and actions in the future?
This program can exercise our interpersonal communication, cooperation with classmates, and learn about discrimination and racial discrimination is highly undesirable.
- Do I have any suggestions for Mr. Chan or Ms. Thomasen on how to improve this project?
This project can be carried out separately, social is social, English is English. The content that the teacher focuses on is different and it is difficult to show it in one work. And the idea is easy to mess after the merger.
2 things I want to improve:
- Some paragraphs would be organized better,
- More background in the intro part.
2 things I did well:
- I use a lot of transition word and effect into the essay.
- Quotes are integrated seamlessly.