- you should have reviewed the project and the materials for it (see Friday’s agenda), and started the process of thinking about themes, devices, secondary sources, etc.
- What questions do you have? – post them here – no name is needed – password = 451project
- Other items (materials are on the blog):
- the poems – review for themes
- the PowerPoint of instructions
- wrap up the summative comments on the novel
- discuss the Padlet activity on The Story of Stuff
- Discuss the Summative Notes (on the Novel Tab)
- watch Wall-E (complete the chart in the Novel Tab) – make sure your Chart is posted to the Padlet!
- Homework for Monday:
- read over the Content portion of the Novel assignment to make sure you understand; if not, write down some questions to bring on Monday
- Review the resources on the blog: The Intro to the Novel Notes; The Class/teacher notes on the questions for the three reading sections in the novel; the Summative Notes
- Start reviewing the resources: the essays and the videos on the blog
- start taking notes and organizing your thoughts; choose which literary device you might want to explore (info dot #1) and the resources on the blog you want to use for your thematic connections (info dot #2, 3)
- Homework for Monday:
- Story of Stuff video – and discussion
- make sure one person from your group posts the comparison chart of 451 and The Story of Stuff to the Padlet – the link and the password is in the Novel Tab at the very top.
- Reading check quiz for Burning Bright
- the rest of Burning Bright questions are due for discussion
- Read the New York Times article, find two or three quotes that reveal a connection between the novel and our current society. Be prepared to discuss them.
- Homework check for the first 8 questions to Burning Bright (p. 107 – 132)
- Read/listen/work on the rest of the reading/questions for rest of the section. They are due tomorrow.
- Quiz for the Sieve and the Sand
- discussion of the Sieve and the Sand – make sure they are uploaded to TEAMS before the discussion
- Homework for Monday: Read up to p. 130 of Burning Bright and complete the first 8 questions.
- Review the reading check quiz and the Grammar quiz
- work on the questions for the Sieve and the Sand – due Friday, along with a Reading Check quiz at the beginning of class
- work on the Vocabulary for 451 – remember, there is a multiple-choice test towards the (75 words in the Novel tab)
Block 1 – 7:30 – 8:45 am
Block 3 – 9:00 – 10:15 am
Lunch – 10:15 – 11:00 am
Block 5 – 11:00 – 12:15 pm
Parent-Teacher Conferences 1:00 – 4:00 pm
- Review the tests
- continue listening to The Sieve and the Sand
- start working on the questions for part two – they are due on Friday, January 15
- Grammar Test
- finish the discussion of the Hearth and the Salamander
- start listening to the Sieve and the Sand