- Don’t forget to post your Core Competency reflection – see Friday’s instructions
- Grammar Package #2 is due tomorrow for a homework check and review
- Introduction to the Novel Study – Paul Fleischman’s The Whirligig. Three (of many) themes emerge:
- 1. The issue of identity and self-esteem:
A) Where does self-esteem and our sense of self come from? how does a person develop it?
B) How do we lose it?; how is it threatened?; how does our sense of self and self-esteem get diminished?
C) What might happen to an individual when he/she struggles with self-esteem issues? How might he/she cope?
2. What is a life worth? The issue of restorative justice and redemption.
3. The Heroic Journey – both literally and figuratively.
- We will begin by discussing the first theme.