Greetings, my name is Kathy Shong; I have been teaching since 1995, and I have been teaching at Riverside Secondary since 2003. I teach English and the Journalism program which produces the student newspaper, the Eddy. I love reading, writing and discussing the writing of others – especially of my students’. My passion is to facilitate students in their appreciation and understanding of “the power and beauty of the word.” I look forward to meeting, getting to know you, and working with you.
21st Century Skills
Some favourite quotes and inspiration….
Some important links for you about Digital Citizenship:
- Digital Fluencies
- Quotes that connect to Digital Literacy
- Core Competencies
- Definition of Digital Citizenship
- District Policies on Digital Citizenship
- The Global Citizen Foundation – How to be a good digital citizen
- Here is a good article about how various people check out your social media profile
Wow! Great life advice from Ashton Kutcher!
Some other fun videos for all things English (things…?)
The History of English
Why we Read and Write by John Green
And this…. because it is beautiful!