Welcome to the world of Drafting, Design and Animation! Here you will have an opportunity to use the design process, develop problem solving skills, and implement appropriate design upgrades where possible.
March 30, 2015
- Complete Chapter 6 and 7 Inventor tutorials.
- Aim to have up to chapter 11 completed by end of week
March 24, 2015
- Introduce Boolean features in Inventor.
- Go over one design from Chapter 3. Discuss new features such as cut and creating multiple planes.
- Tomorrow students will be completing an in class assignment of designing their own shape using Inventor basics.
March 23, 2015
Welcome back from Spring Break!
- We will be reviewing the material covered over the last few days before Spring Break related to Inventor.
- Complete 3 of the 4 practice assignments for Chapter 2. If done, try to find and build various simple objects in the room for extra practice.
March 3, 2015
- Complete Mini-Design Research Project and Prototype for invention. Due in class on Wednesday. Will be marked out of 20. 10 marks for research paper and 10 for design sketches and prototype.
- Begin introduction into inventor.
February 27, 2015
- Mini-Design Research Project
- Find one invention/design that the person did and you will be improving on it. For this you will be following the design process and build a prototype of your idea using only recycled materials.
- Begin on early stages of design process.
February 26, 2015
- Complete Drawing to turn in for marks.
- Start on Mini-Design Research project
- Find a Designer that you really like the work he or she has completed. You need to identify who they are, what sort of work they have done, what designs of theirs the general public may be familiar with, what do you like about their work? Include pictures for as many different parts as you can.
- Upcoming – Based on one of the designs/inventions of the person you researched you will be improving on the design of their invention and building it using only recycled materials.
February 25, 2015
- Complete Angle Block Isometric drawing together as a class.
- Start on 3rd drawing to be turned in for marks.
- Complete sketch package to submit.
February 24, 2015
- Finish Isometric Drawing. Start to look at Angle Block Drawing. Go over how to find various angles. Discuss why the orthographic drawing helps create the isometric.
- Students work on either of the two drawings and prepare for in-class drawing assignment.
February 23, 2015
- Complete isometric and ortho sketch of Step Block in exercise sheet. This will introduce using the t-squares and set squares.
- Students will complete the remainder of the sketch with proper dimensions.
- Quiz tomorrow on Ortho drawings and Dimensioning.
February 19, 2015
- Class presentation from VAI
February 18, 2015
- Dimensioning review assignment. In groups of 3, identify the errors in each of the 4 drawings.
- Students should aim to have orthographic sketches and dimension exercise all done by Thursday.
February 17, 2015
- Question of the day
- Review of drawing assignment from yesterday. Have students evaluate each others respective drawings. Are they clear and easy to follow? Are they accurate?
- Introduce Dimensioning. Discuss how to properly write dimensions, different types of lines and symbols, importance of proper dimensioning.
- Dimensioning Practice
February 13, 2015
- Attendance and Question of the day
- Orthographic Overview – Orthographic Sketching
- Sketching, Booleans, or Orthographic Assignment
February 12, 2015
- Attendance and Question of the day
- Design Process Overview
- Design Process activity – Early stages. Identify problem, brainstorm, sketchstorm. Person on left will come up with a new idea for an addition to their bedroom. Must be an object comprised of at least 6 parts. Not something basic like a standard table or bed. Must come up with 3 ideas/solutions to problem.
- Continue working on Free-hand sketching and first page of Boolean.
February 11, 2015
- Attendance and Question of the day – “What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?”
- Discussion of basic shapes and boolean drawings
- Complete Free-hand sketching
- Begin Boolean drawings
February 10, 2015
- Attendance and Question of the day – “What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend?”
- Class outline and Student Information Form. Drafting 10 Course Outline
- Drafting as a Language Discussion
- Free-hand sketching
February 6, 2015
- Attendance and Question of the day – “What is your favorite thing about school?”
- Student led policies, expectations, brief overview of class
- Team Line Drawing – First person draws a picture on piece of paper. Pass those drawings to other groups. Person at back of the line starts drawing on next persons back. Carry this on down the line until the front of the line has to draw the picture out again.
- Partner Communication Drawing – First person draws a picture. With back to partner they need to instruct partner on how to draw it. Second time around the person redrawing can only ask “yes” or “no” questions for drawing the image.