- In your group, DEFINE and DISCOVER:
- Restate the problem you are trying to solve in your own words.
How can we make a new periodic table to our own version?
- Develop some questions to research before you start to brainstorm.
- What can be changed?
- If we move things would that disrupt the staircase?
- Could we arrange it alphabetically?
- In your group, DREAM:
- What information does the periodic table tell you?
- Ion charge
- Number of protons, electrons, and neutrons
- If it’s a metal or non-metal
- Name of the element
- How could you arrange it differently based on its chemical and physical properties?
- You could rearrange it alphabetically
- What different shapes could be used?
- Shapes to show non-metal and metal
- How can you use color?
You can use colors to show families
- With your partner, DESIGN, DELIVER
- What is your plan?
- We are going to rearrange the table alphabetically, and use a different clolour to show the non-metals from the metals, and use colours to show families, and put the number of neutrons on the elements too
- Individually, DEBRIEF:
- we could improve on the look of it/arrangement, and make it look neater too