My prediction is that the fruits with more acid are going to work better. Why I think, is because there is more juice and the juice is different to other juices in the lemon. That’s why its sour.
What questions did you answer to find your research on your topic?
- What is a bio diesel car?
- Why are bio diesel cars best?
- Why are bio diesel cars better for the environment?
- How hard would it be to change over from a regular gasoline car to a bio diesel car?
- What are somethings everyone can do to help?
- What are some alternatives to cars the run on gas?
What new or familiar digital tools did you try to use as you worked through this project?
We tried to find pictures on pixels but didn’t find any we like. We used a couple of ones the represented the facts but there wasn’t that much of a choice on our topic.
What was the process you used to investigate the topic?
First we had to think of questions to answer. Then we had to search answers for those questions. After that we pieced it all together in a power point.
How did you verify and cite the information you found?
I would find out the rating of the site before I used the site to use their information so it’s true and not made up. We cited our information in our power point.
How did the process of completing this challenge go? What could you have done better?
I think that we did a very good job of finding good and true information that we can use. I think that we could of had a bit more information and had a couple more pictures to go with that information. We also could of answered are questions a bit better.
How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities?
It might affect your future if you have done something bad or illegal and it has been captured on a device and put onto the internet for everyone to see. If there are bad pictures of you on the internet and you are applying for a job, then your boss might see those pictures and won’t give you the job that you are applying for.
Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- If you don’t do anything inappropriate or illegal in the first place then there’s no way for them for them to get or find anything that could harm your future.
- If you don’t want anyone to see your photos or take your photos off of your social media and change them then keep your social media on private. That way the only people that are able to see it are the people that you allow.
- If you want to make sure that there is no bad stuff on the internet about you then you could keep a check on it. Which means that every now and then just search up your name and make sure that the pictures or videos that are on there are safe so that it won’t harm you or your future.
What information did you learn that you would pass on to other students? How would you go about telling them?
I would tell them to remember that before they post anything on there social media, whatever they post the whole world can see. So before you post it make sure it is appropriate and it is something you are fine with the whole world seeing. Think before you post because if you go posting a picture of you or a friend and then think that was a bad idea and go to delete your account or just remove the picture it will still be on the internet forever.
- We talked to Catherine Nakabugo and her students at Gombe high school in Uganda. I liked when we talked to the students cause they spoke English really well. That is good because then they could answer are questions. It was so cool seeing and talking to Ugandan people for the first time in person. I think the connection between our two classes was really strong. We all liked the ideas that past classes have come up with. I think that if we were to come up with something to help them they would be on board with us.
2. One of my ideas is to get a power generator and hook it up to a bike and find a way so when you pedal it produces electricity. We could also find a way to pedal and save the energy produced from the bike. It will be good because you get to charge your devices and have light when you need it, but to get that energy you need to exercise on the bike. I think that we can find a way for us to get the energy and volts from peddling the bike to get enough electricity to store away and use later or just plug a device into the cable and charge it from riding the bike. I think if i worked with a couple of kids from Uganda that we will be able to figure things out and be able to find away to make a idea come to life.
3. To accomplish this idea you would have to be able to find a way to generate electricity and how to convert that energy into energy volts. To get the idea to come true we will need a stationary exercise bike and power generator. You will also need to find a plug to plug into the generator to charge your device. The steps you would need to take is first you would need to get a stationary bike and a generator. Then you find a cable to hook them together and transfer the electricity from the bike to the generator. Then if you need to get another cable to hook your device up to the generator so you can get the volts right away to charge you device.
4. I think that my research went well and that I have a pretty good idea of how to create and work my creation. The quality of my post is pretty good because I was able to talk about what I need to do to work and create my idea. I covered everything that I needed to cover be able to carry on with my idea and to work on my invention. I think that I could have explained my creation a bit more and how it works.
There once was a guy named Billy who had just entered the science class for the first time. He had no clue where anything was because he was on vacation for the first week of school and he didn’t bother asking about what he missed. Today Billy was told that they were going to use the compound microscope first. So Billy went over to the his station and set it up. He remembered that he needed a glass slide to put the substance on for his microscope, so he went and got one. What he didn’t remember to pick up was a cover slip to cover the substance that was on the glass slide. The sample that his teacher gave him he spilled all over the floor. His teacher got mad and gave him another thing to do. The teacher told him to pour liquids into a test tube so he could measure and mix different liquids together, but he didn’t put his safety goggles on so he got a chemical in his eye and didn’t know what to do because he wasn’t there when she told them about the eye wash station and decided to rub his eyes. At this time the teacher had gone to the washroom and he had a burning sensation in his eye from the chemicals. Then a boy named Lucas went and grabbed Billy’s arm and took him to the eye wash station so that he could wash his eye out. After 10 seconds of washing the chemicals from his eyes Billy took his face out of the water and thought to himself does he keep washing his eyes because he felt like it wasn’t working or does he start rubbing them again. But then after 20 seconds of rubbing them the burning came back and that’s when Lucas said “you need to stand under there for 15 minuets so that all of the chemicals come out”. When Billy’s teacher got back she was not impressed and called his parents. His parents came and picked him up. But before then he was walking passed a child and spilled their sample all over them and they had to stand under the shower for 15 minuets, the parents were not impressed to see their child come home from school drenched by water. Let’s just say the next day when Billy came to school, he got removed from the science class and put in french.