Wall Of Excellence:
a) Briefly describe your new and improved idea, by incorporating ideas and/or feedback.
Our new and improved ideas are regarding how and when we will be able to actually implement the Wall Of Excellence. We hope to have the wall up and running by the end of this school year. The idea is that it will not be a literal wall, however a screen that will “recognize current and past, staff and students, individuals and/or groups, for their outstanding achievements and contributions to our school and community”. We hope to place this screen across the stairs underneath the big windows on the top floor. Once all of this is in place, we will be able to go ahead and start advertising. This will consist of searching for candidates as well as getting Rapid Nation excited about celebrating our successes. Although this appears to be an easy step in comparison to the work we have already completed, I have a feeling that it may be the hardest yet. It will be nearly impossible to get every student in the school excited about this project, however I hope once everyone is aware of just how amazing Rapid Nation is, they will be that much more proud to call themselves a Rapid.
b) Answer the following questions:
– What problems might we run into?
- We may run into issues with funding. Although this has been discussed, I worry that we will not have enough money to buy a screen to display our project.
- I worry that nobody will apply to be on the Wall Of Excellence.
- I am still uncertain how we might present the information on the screen. Will we create a Power Point presentation and set it on a loop? Will we have to have a computer beside the screen at all times to display the Power Point? Will the information remain on the screen long enough for people to read? Will people get board of looking at the screen if it is only showing one person for too long?
– What skills do we need to complete this project? How can we attain these skills?
- We will need to have good problem solving skills for this project. This means that we have to adapt and change our plans if we do not have the necessary funding or support. I believe this is a skill that our group feels confident with as we have already practiced adapting our plans throughout the beginning stages of this project.
- We will need to advertise and work on our communication skills. We can work with the social media team to make posts about the project as well as ask Mr. Gee to add information to the daily announcements.
- Our group may have to enlist help from other Tech Team students when brainstorming ideas for how we might present the information on the screen. I am not familiar with many programs that could help us accomplish our vision for the screen and therefore would appreciate having someone with more experience beside me (whether this person be from our group already or a Tech Team member from another group).
c) Create a brief timeline of key things that need to happen to ensure successful completion of your project. What happens next?
- I hope that before we leave for Christmas break, our group will be confident enough to set the plan in motion for the new year.
- When we return in January, we will have purchased the screen.
- The next step will be to decide on a program (as well as the theme/design) in order to display our information on the screen.
- I hope we can complete this task by February and install the screen shortly after.
- We will then take on the task of explaining the Wall Of Excellence to Rapid Nation and sourcing applicants.
- By the end of the school year, I hope we can recognize a handful of people from Rapid Nation (who were featured on the Wall Of Excellence) at Awards Night.