Name: _Kaleb deBoer_______
Name of your host: __Tony deBoer__ Relationship to you: Dad_______
The Interview: (ask your host these questions)
1. What is your job title? _Heating_Ventilation_Air_Conditioning_journeyman_________2. What is your job description?Install,_maintain,_repair_various_heat_and_air_conditioning_equipment.
3. What are the duties and/or tasks you perform at your job? _hanging and crane lifts of HVAC equipment, welding of refrigerant pipes, controls, startups__
4. What qualifications do you have for this job in the following areas:
a) training? _I have a red seal certificate in the HVAC trade with many other certificates(first aid, fork lift, scissor lift, WHMIS, VRF ect)
b) education?_There are always courses through our Union Hall to update your knowledge and skills and see new products coming.
c) experience? _I have done this trade for about 22 years and always learning new ways, ideas, changes in construction of buildings.
d) skills and attributes (personal qualities)?_Hands on experience with various tools, good communication skills, ability to learn. __
5. What are some of the things you like about the job? _
Every job is different and challenging with new ways of installing and controlling HVAC equipment.
6. What are some of the things you dislike about this job? _At times you have to work outside in rain/snow
7. How do you anticipate this job changing in the next 5 years or so?
_This trade is changing with new technology and more efficient HVAC equipment
Student Reflections: 1. Give three reasons why you would like this job (be specific):
a)_I get to use a lot of different tools
b)_Its fun installing ac or heating
c)_Every job is different not doing the same thing over and over _
2. Give three reasons why you would not like this job (be specific):
a)_Having to wake up early in the morning
b)_When it rains or snows
c)_Sometimes its a far drive to work
3. Is this job for you? Why or why not? _In the future I can see my self doing this job. I like this job because there is a lot of movement and I would perfer that over an office job.
4. Explain the value of the TOKTW experience in relation to your ideas about your post secondary (after high school) plans (education?, training?, travel?, work?). _After going to TOKTW day I know that I’m not going to be a office worker. And I realized that I need to take a metal working course in school to help me get a job.