1. The boys are upset due to the cause fetching water allows you to leave school for around half an hour so if the girls (who they see as the weaker gender and so don’t deserve to carry the bucket) are allowed to carry the water bucket then the amount of times the boys carry is reduced.
Elements of fiction:
3. The story is being told by a girl in Ms. Ralston’s class(First Class)/, and she believes that girls should be able to also carry the water bucket.
4. The story takes place in Eastern Canada around the 1940’s because they like the Toronto maple leafs and mentioned war planes. Its person vs society.
5. Alma because she initiated the equality between boys and girls carrying the water bucket.
6. When the teacher showed women are equal by hitting the home run in softball then letting two girls carry the water bucket.
1. Galvanized: Coated with Zinc.
2. Remotest: Slightest chance of occurrence.
3. Intoxicated: Can’t control yourself with happiness.
4. Ominous: To lose control of behavior.
5. Supplementary: Completing or enhancing something.
6. Forlornly: To lose completely.
7. Earnestly: A contrast in agreement.
8. Gloating: To brag.
9. Transfixed: Being shocked.
10. Pirouetting: Spin around