1. Include a drawing of your child with as much detail as possible.
2. Include a short description of the traits your child has.
Square face, prominent round chin, curly hair, light brown skin, brown eyes average mouth, pointed nose, round nostrils, and freckles
3. Answer the following questions:
How does the coin flip relate to the probability of inheriting genetic conditions? Because there is a 50% chance you get a trait from the father and a 50% chance of getting a trait from the mother
How does this simulation accurately represent or not represent real life?
This inaccurately represents real life because it was random traits and unreflective of how in real life the baby would have the traits of the parents.
Did you identify any prejudices you might have about what traits you find “desirable”? Where do you think these prejudices come from?
Yes, I think a lot of these came from what looked well with other traits and whether it made the baby ugly or not.
Badminton racket + Birdie > Badminton racket and birdie
H2 + O2 > H2O
2H2 + O2 > 2H2O
Egg > Egg and shell
H20 > H2 + O2
2H20 > 2H2 + O2
3. Single Replacement
Man with blue pants + brown pants > Man with brown pants + Blue pants
I2 + CsBr > CsI + Br
I2 + 2CsBr > 2CsI + 2Br
4. Double Replacement
Blue watch with black strap + Grey watch with brown strap > Grey watch with black strap + Blue watch with brown strap.
AgNO3 + Na2CrO4 > N2NO3 + Ag2CrO4
2AgNO3 + Na2CrO4 > 2NaNO3 + Ag2CrO4
2. The experiment was to see how many pennies could fit in a boat made from tinfoil, 2 toothpicks, 2 mini marshmellows, and a piece of tape
3. My hypothesis was that if the boat held the pennies in the center of the boat then it wouldn’t float because eventually it would just drag it down
4. We discovered that our boat had uneven weight and would tip over until we put pennies in. My hypothesis that if the boat held the pennies in the center then it would eventually sink because of the weight was supported. Once our boat got 12 pennies in it, it tipped a bit then sank. A couple of errors we made was when we tested the boat it had 2 marshmellows on it that fell off and we thought were unnecessary. An improvement we could do is that we could time how long it lasted with the 11 pennies in it to see if it would have sank with that many in it as well.