3 Things I will do to stay safe at work.
- I will always ask my employer if I am unsure of what I am doing.
- If there is every a workplace hazard I will inform my superior of the hazard and wait until they deal with it before working again.
- I will come to work with an unclouded mind so that I can focus on my work and not get injured.
2 things I will do to keep others safe at work
- I will make sure someone is aware of any workplace hazards that they don’t realize
- I will show others how to do something if they are unsure and I know how to do it.
Which story resonates the most with you?
I think Mark’s story resonates the most with me because he plays baseball and so do I and I would be crushed if I couldn’t play baseball because of something I could have prevented. Also my uncle runs a mill in squamish and he’s told me a story about something similar to that happening to someone before.
What can you learn from their workplace accident?
I can learn that I have the right to refuse to do unsafe work, and that it is best for me to ask questions if I am ever unsure, even if it makes me look dumb its best that I am safe.