My Graduation Plan
- Healthy Living
- This year, I am doing PE 10 and going to the gym after school to meet DPA requirements (150 mins/week of moderate to vigorous physical activity).
- Next year, I will do PE 11 and go to the gym after school to meet DPA requirements.
- Other than physical activity, I will also need a concrete plan for healthy eating and stress management in order to lead a healthy life after graduation.
- Course Credits
- I need __80__ credits to graduate. A typical course is worth __4__
- __48__ of them must be from required courses.
- __28__ of them must be from electives.
- __16__ of them must be from Grade 12 courses.
- At the end of this year, I will have __36__
- Community Connections
- I need __30__ hours of work/volunteer experience. To show I completed this, I must show proof in the form of __pay stub ___ or __reference letter___.
- I can start accumulating these hours in Grade _10_
- My plan to earn work/volunteer hours is through either getting a part time job over the summer or volunteering
- I will also need to complete a reflection that includes _____Employability skills_____, ______What I did_______, and ____How it benefited me It will be __200__ typed words minimum.
- Career and Life
- In addition to updating my resume, I will also create ___career, life______ and _____financial plans_____ to show that I have a plan in place after graduation.
- When I graduate, my current plan is to Go to a college or university to study criminology and then get a job in law enforcement
- To prepare for the interview, I can look at the questions ahead of time. They are found __GT Website
- My interview will be with a ___Riverside staff member____.
- The 3 people at Riverside who are here to help with this process are:
- My councillor (Ms. Johal)
In Grade 12, I will find all the necessary documents AND submit them GT Website.
I will complete Grad Transitions 12 whenever I have English 12 .If I have it in 1st semester, I must complete everything except the interview before __Winter Ball ticket sale___. In 2nd semester, everything except the interview must be completed before __End of April__.
This is my digital autobiography, showing some of the important events and people in my life so far.
3 Things I will do to stay safe at work.
- I will always ask my employer if I am unsure of what I am doing.
- If there is every a workplace hazard I will inform my superior of the hazard and wait until they deal with it before working again.
- I will come to work with an unclouded mind so that I can focus on my work and not get injured.
2 things I will do to keep others safe at work
- I will make sure someone is aware of any workplace hazards that they don’t realize
- I will show others how to do something if they are unsure and I know how to do it.
Which story resonates the most with you?
I think Mark’s story resonates the most with me because he plays baseball and so do I and I would be crushed if I couldn’t play baseball because of something I could have prevented. Also my uncle runs a mill in squamish and he’s told me a story about something similar to that happening to someone before.
What can you learn from their workplace accident?
I can learn that I have the right to refuse to do unsafe work, and that it is best for me to ask questions if I am ever unsure, even if it makes me look dumb its best that I am safe.
2. The experiment was to see how many pennies could fit in a boat made from tinfoil, 2 toothpicks, 2 mini marshmellows, and a piece of tape
3. My hypothesis was that if the boat held the pennies in the center of the boat then it wouldn’t float because eventually it would just drag it down
4. We discovered that our boat had uneven weight and would tip over until we put pennies in. My hypothesis that if the boat held the pennies in the center then it would eventually sink because of the weight was supported. Once our boat got 12 pennies in it, it tipped a bit then sank. A couple of errors we made was when we tested the boat it had 2 marshmellows on it that fell off and we thought were unnecessary. An improvement we could do is that we could time how long it lasted with the 11 pennies in it to see if it would have sank with that many in it as well.
Life is about experiences: Baseball provincials
I awoke and instantly felt butterfly’s in my stomach. It wasn’t too early but I still felt like I could use another 2 hours of sleep. I crawled out of bed and made my way to my shower. I turned on the shower and got in, the water burned but it felt good on my aching muscles and creaking bones from my baseball practise from the night before. I finished up in the shower and looked at myself in the mirror and told myself that I was ready for provincials. I quickly ate my breakfast and then I put on my white pants, red jersey, and hat with the Poco Cardinals logo on it. I grabbed my bag and headed out to my car. As I stepped outside I admired how smoggy it was outside and how it made the sun pink. On the car ride to the field I was listening to my music in a futile attempt to calm my nerves. Before I knew it we had arrived at the field and that’s when it really hit me that this could be the biggest baseball event I will ever play in.
As I stepped out of my car I instantly heard the sounds of parents cheering and baseball games being played. I could smell the concession as I walked past, the thought of eating a hotdog or getting some fries oddly calmed me. When I arrived at the dugout I was the 3rd person to arrive. I put on my cleats and instantly starting warming up. Before long the whole team had arrived and we were all in a line throwing. We saw a 7 feet tall monster warming up with the other team. We were convinced he was a coach until he started warming up pitching. We all were nervous after seeing him throw a couple of pitches at what looked like 90 miles per hour. After a while the umps called in the coaches and we got ready to play. As soon as I hit the dugout I put a piece of bubble gum in my mouth and was ready to go. Our coaches gave us a pep talk and told us it was ok to be nervous. I was up to bat 3rd so I put on my helmet and my gloves and got ready and started to time up the pitcher. Fortunately for us the 7 foot monster was only playing 1st base and didn’t look as threatening after he made a few mistakes.
We had out best pitcher pitching so the game went by pretty fast and it was really uneventful. I didn’t have to much which was really nice because I was really nervous. By the time the last inning came around it was 5-4 for us and all we had to do was shut them down. Our pitcher had done it with ease and that was the first win for provincials. After the game a bunch of us had stuck around because there was a opening ceremony followed by a skills competition. I was exhausted but I still managed to make my way to the concession to buy some food. As I approached the front of the line I was met by the fragrance of french fries and grilled onions. I ordered fries and blue raspberry slushie, in an attempt to not get over heated. As I waited for my order I watched one of the other games being played, they were interesting but I wasn’t invested in watching them because the teams were in the other pool and we wouldn’t play them until play offs. After I got my food I went back and sat with my other team mates who had stuck around. After a bit of time had passed the rest of our team had began to show up again in time for the opening ceremonies. After the ceremonies there was a skill competition. The first part was a home run derby our teams power hitter, Scott Helmhold was up for our team. During the derby all I could hear was the pings from the bats, along with everyone going “ohhhh” and then “awww” when it didn’t make it as well as the occasional clapping and cheering when it went over. After that there was a rely and then a race around the bases. I was on the running team. I got ready to go as soon as my team mate came around and ran as hard as I could, as I rounded 2nd I felt something pop in my knee cap but I kept going because I didn’t want to let my team down. After everyone had finished, the host had announced that my team were the winners of the relay race.
The day after the opening ceremonies we had the rest of our pool games on the following Saturday and Sunday. We were tied for 2nd in our pool but because of the rules we advanced to the playoffs. Our 1st playoff game was against a team from the island. It was a close game but we won it in the end due to a incredible grand slam from my team mate when we were down by 2. In the finals we met our rivals the team from Vancouver. Our team hated them because of their cocky attitudes and arrogant. Unfortunately we got blown out and the Vancouver team won due a walk off home run. As soon as I saw the hit my heart sank, and I was ready to break down and cry. Our team got our 2nd place medals, then we took some pictures, and finally our coaches talked to us and congratulated us for such a great season. I grabbed my stuff said my goodbyes to my team mates and friends, and headed home looking forward to the off season.