We are going to look Drama
- Warm up activity: Pass the Sound
4. At some point they of course will overlap over one student so that student needs to be prepared.
5. Try this out a few times. If they’re up for it, try adding in a 3rd layer, “Ooga!”.
2) Zombie Name Game
3. Then choose one student to be the “zombie”. The “zombie” walks in the middle of the circle zombie-style; arms stretched in front, head to the side.
4. Call a student’s name. The zombie heads toward that student.
5. The student must try to call another student’s name before the zombie reaches him/her.
6. If the zombie is able to tag the student before he/she can call a new name, that person becomes the zombie.
2. Instruct the students that one by one they are to step into the circle and spell their first name in the air using their body parts. The body parts they need to use must go in order from top to bottom:
1st Letter: Head
2nd Letter: Arm
3rd Letter: Hips
4th Letter: Knee
5th Letter: Foot
(then repeat if there are more than 5 letters)
4) Human Knot
- Group stands in circle and all come in close with hands stretched into middle of the circle.
- Everyone grabs two hands – not the person next them, and not both hands of the same person.
- Tell the students they must untie the knot without anyone ever letting go of their hands.
- Counsel them to go very slowly and be very gentle.
- Do it once allowing the students to talk and once in silence.
5) Mirror Activity
- Pair students up and tell them to pick an A and B.
- Tell A’s that they are looking in the mirror. (Optional: Tell them it is morning and they are getting ready for the day.)
- Tell them to move VERY slowly. B’s are the mirror and must follow A so closely that an observer would not be able to tell who is leading and who is following. Encourage them to mirror not only body movement but also facial expression.
- Have them switch after a minute or so. Then tell them that neither is the leader or follower. You will probably have tell them to go slower a few times.
- Start again with A’s but this time tell them that they are talking to themselves in the mirror as B’s follow. Again let them switch and then try it with no leader and no follower.
6)The Emotion Party
3. The host acts in the manner of his/her emotion.
4. Another player knocks on the door and is let in by the host.
5. The new player must act in the manner of his/her emotion.
6. The first person now begins to act in the manner of the second player’s emotion (having guessed what that emotion is).
7. A third person knocks and enters with a different emotion.
8. Now players one and two must independently identify the new player’s emotion and begin to act in the manner of the emotion.
9. Play continues until all of the players have entered the party.
10. Players then begin to leave the party, one by one, in the order in which they came and with the emotion he/she demonstrated.
11. This continues until the first player, the host, is left alone again, and is back acting in the manner of his/her original emotion.
Romeo and Juliet