Decide whether each sentence contains a simile or a metaphor. Underneath, write the word SIMILE if the sentence contains a simile or write the word METAPHOR if the sentence contains a metaphor.
- The baby was like an octopus, grabbing at all the cans on the grocery store shelves.
- As the teacher entered the room she muttered under her breath, “This class is like a three-ring circus!” simile
- The giant’s steps were thunder as he ran toward Jack. Metaphor
- The pillow was a cloud when I put my head upon it after a long day. metaphor
- I feel like a limp dishrag. simile
- Those girls are like two peas in a pod. simile
- The fluorescent light was the sun during our test. metaphor
- No one invites Harold to parties because he’s a wet blanket. Metaphor
- The bar of soap was a slippery eel during the dog’s bath. Metaphor
In the poem “ skinny ‘’ there are cromatopocia popped.
Sloosh –swoosh , and glug glug – that sound like water .
That is rhyme
Mefuninn and thin
Plug and glug
Night and sight
High and sky
The little blue engine
Onomatopoeia Crash, smash ,bash they sound like a crash .
Rhyme hill, shrill small, tall strain main sigh try rough , enough .