This week I learned how to convert from imperial to metric units that were cubed and squared. I was confused with this until it was explained to me in and the steps were all drawn out for me. So i decided to draw out all the steps for you 🙂
Ex. 2.5 = _______
- Use the Conversion Factor to get to cm. * since you are going down the latter you will multiply to get to cm*
- When is on the top and the bottom it will cancel each other out.
- Place the exponent outside of the bracket and use the power law.
- After you use the Conversion Factor you will have it in cm.
- Now convert cm to inches. * We know that there is 2.54cm in 1 inch*
- After getting the measurement into inches, use the conversion Factor again to get to feet. * We know there is 12 inches in 1 foot*
- Then your measurement will be converted to
Answer: 2.5 = 2.69
See below for pictures!