name of your host: Chantal Verlaan Relationship to you: My mom
The Interview : (ask your host these questions)
1. What is your job title? secretary
2. What is your job discription?my moms the head Secretary and she acts as the confidential secretary to the Administrator and performs a variety of clerical duties to ensure the efficient operation of the school office. The School Administrative Secretary that my mom performs a work leadership role and relieves the Administrator of organizational detail wherever possible by dealing with matters not requiring the Administrator’s personal attention.
3. what are the duties/or tasks you preform at your job?
1. Acts as a secretary for the Administrator by processing confidential material, scheduling appointments, taking minutes, arranging meetings, composing routine correspondence and providing orientation to replacement staff.
2. Acts as a receptionist by greeting and directing visitors, answering the telephone, taking messages, monitoring students and providing information, assistance and support to students, staff and the general public.
3. Types a variety of correspondence, memos, report cards, bulletins and reports from copy or rough draft, verbal instruction and/or dictation by using a computer and typewriter.
4. Maintains student records such as permanent record cards, registrations, transfers, attendance and other student demographic information, including Ministry data, by using a computer, a typewriter, or hand-writing.
5. Processes student registrations by performing such duties as examining and verifying supporting documents, and ensuring complete and accurate information is obtained for registrants.
6. Performs bookkeeping duties such as collecting cash, counting and verifying monies collected from student fees, fund raising, vending machines, school store and other activities, preparing and delivering bank deposits, preparing and co-signing cheques, reconciling bank statements, calculating rebates, and maintaining petty cash including block funding reimbursements, school accounts and records of school financial transactions.
7. Coordinates preparation and distribution of material and information for school opening, day-today, and year end procedures.
8. Receives, opens, sorts and distributes incoming mail and deliveries; prepares outgoing mail and parcels.
9. Maintains and requisitions office supplies and assists with annual general orders, verifies receipt of goods and prepares invoices for payment.
10. Performs a work leadership role and participates in the work of support staff as required
11. Works under the direction of the school administrator to identify clerical needs for peak periods and absences, and arranges work schedules to cover these needs.
12. Operates a variety of office equipment such as a computer, printer, typewriter, photocopier, calculator, fax machine, telephone, P.A. system and other related equipment.
13. Performs a variety of general clerical duties such as maintaining office records, filing and photocopying.
14. Performs related duties as required
4. What qualifications do you have for this job in the following areas:
a) training? computer skills, math skills, spelling,reading, writing, and understanding english
b) educatcation? some colledge education
c) experience? previous secetarial experiance
d) skills and attributes( personal qualities)? my mom was in perchasing in the board office and leadership experiance
5. what are some things that you like about your job? my mom likes dealing with people
6. what are some dislikes about your job? my mom has no dislikes
7. how do you anticipate this job changing in the next 5 years or so? new sofware that teachers can access the student files
1. give three reasons why you would like this job (be specific)
a) because i can comunicate with other people and have a better social skills
b) because i can have longer lunch hours
c) because i can learn new things each day
2. Give three reasons why you would not like this job (be specific)
a) because the parent would be speaking another language that i wouldnt understand
b) because there would be too many thing or tasks that i have to do at once
c) because there would be assembys that i would have to arrange
3. is this job for you? Why or Why not
i dont think it would be a job for me because it would be annoying everyday haveing someone nagging at you. but i really like going with my mom to her workabd see what she does.
4. Explain the value of the TOKTW experience in realations to your ideas about your post secondary plans.
well i would apply for a tech team or start off at best buy and get my knowledge in tech and then go to a buisness or a plant thats all about tech. another job i would be is a teacher i would like to become a teacher because you get to see new faces each day and have your own class and teach.