In this picture book we created seven images and wrote seven sentences to summarize the “Cremation of Sam McGee”. When we took these images we took into consideration the mood that was presented in the poem. We found that most of the poem was in a mysterious, sad mood but than in the last stanza it turned into shocked and happy. When we created the design (title page, background colour etc..) we tried to make it as though the colours added mood.
My pop art painting is pop art because I painted a popular Disney movie that was very popular in the early 2000’s. Most pop art paintings are about popular people, movies, tv shows, objects and topics. Pop art is borrowing from tv shows, movies, and objects. I borrowed the characters from Lilo & Stitch for my pop art painting. I decided to paint the characters from Lilo & Stitch because this Disney movie had a meaning to it. The meaning was to cherish your family, never forget who your family is and never to leave your family behind. Nowadays, most Disney movies don’t have a meaningful meaning to them anymore. Disney movies when I was younger taught me to be respectful, caring and passionate. However, now Disney movies don’t really teach a lesson in my opinion.
Question: How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities?
[Give at least two examples]
- Positive: My digital footprint might affect my university opportunities if, for example, the University scouts saw that I was active in my community regularly such as volunteering or supporting fundraisers, it would have a positive impact on my application.
- Negative: My digital footprint might affect my university opportunities if, for example, the University scouts saw that I was drinking, smoking underage and your posting inappropriate pictures of others of myself online, it would have a very negative impact on my application.
- Positive: My digital footprint might affect my job applications if, I, for example, posted pictures of myself volunteering, supporting fundraisers, being active in my school and setting good examples for my peers it would have a very positive impact on my job application for sure.
- Negative: My digital footprint might affect my job applications if, I, for example, posted pictures of myself drinking, smoking underage and harassing people online, it would definitely have a negative impact on my job application.
Question: Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- Only post pictures that are appropriate to be online for others to see.
- Always keep in mind that anything I post online is there forever and nothing never really gets deleted online.
- Think twice before posting.
Question: What information did you learn that you would pass on to other students? How would you go about telling them?
- I would go about telling them that anything you post online will forever be online it will never get deleted for sure. Think twice before posting and if you don’t think it’s appropriate then ask a friend or just don’t post it at all.
- My own photo
- My own photo
- My own photo
Group members: Audrey Geary, Keira Sandrin and Janice Canela