Breakfast: eggplant omelette
An eggplant omelette is a flattened eggplant cooked with three eggs, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
Lunch: Bake eggs in bread bowl
A bake egg bread bowl is a cut dinner bowl with the bread craved out and in the hole, it has a cracked egg in it with herbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Dinner : Bell Pepper Egg Boat
A bell pepper egg boat is a bell pepper that has been cut in half with eggs, spinach, tomatoes, parmesan cheese placed in it and baked in the oven for twenty minutes.
( I made the connections within the different blocks instead of just one block)
One of the products that I am analyzing is ”Old Spice After Hours Body Wash”
As you can see, the ”Old Spice After Hours Body Wash” commercial has a very muscular and a good looking man presenting the product. The bottle’s colour is a bold red that you can find easily on the shelf and that catches consumer’s eyes. They use different fonts from small to big, the center’s fonts are large, bold and strong.
The emotions that this ad is trying to evoke from the viewers are the need to be accepted by others, to change, to attract sex and be sexy. Also, the emotional connections are ideal life, weasel words and are you cool enough.
This ad is meant to appeal to males consumers because the commercial used words like ”Smell like a man. Not like a lady”.
The strategies being used in this ad is the need to be accepted, to change, to attract sex and be sexy. It’s associated with love/romance/sex. The emotional connections are ideal life, weasel words and are you cool enough. This ad is saying if you are a man, you should smell like one and not like a lady. If you don’t smell like a man then you aren’t manly enough or you won’t make your partner pleased. To be the ”perfect” man for your partner is to smell like a man. This ad uses words like ”Smell like a man and not like a lady” and ”Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.”.
The last product that I am analyzing is ”Eggo”
As you can see, the ”Eggo” packaging has two golden-brown eggos with a decent amount of maple syrup and berries. They use colours like, yellow, red, orange and a bit of green to attract consumers. The ”Eggo” font takes up most of the packaging surface and the font colour is red to make it bolder.
The emotions that this ad is trying to evoke from the viewer is the need for excitement. Also, the emotional connections are repetition and sounds good.
This ad is mainly meant to appeal to youth especially young children because the ad uses catchy songs, bright colours and animals/objects made out of fruit with the eggos.
The strategies being used in this ad is the need for excitement. The emotional connections are repetition and sounds good. I think this ad uses the need for excitement because in the ad there’s a man rapping different kinds of eggos, which hypes kids up to making some of these different eggos. Repetition because they repeat this phase ”How do you eat your Eggo?”. Sounds good because the song in this ad is really catchy. When kids see the eggos at the grocery store they’ll think if that catchy song. When I was little, I would always think about this song when I saw them at the grocery store, in fact, I memorized all the lyrics.
My pop art painting is pop art because I painted a popular Disney movie that was very popular in the early 2000’s. Most pop art paintings are about popular people, movies, tv shows, objects and topics. Pop art is borrowing from tv shows, movies, and objects. I borrowed the characters from Lilo & Stitch for my pop art painting. I decided to paint the characters from Lilo & Stitch because this Disney movie had a meaning to it. The meaning was to cherish your family, never forget who your family is and never to leave your family behind. Nowadays, most Disney movies don’t have a meaningful meaning to them anymore. Disney movies when I was younger taught me to be respectful, caring and passionate. However, now Disney movies don’t really teach a lesson in my opinion.
Question: How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities?
[Give at least two examples]
- Positive: My digital footprint might affect my university opportunities if, for example, the University scouts saw that I was active in my community regularly such as volunteering or supporting fundraisers, it would have a positive impact on my application.
- Negative: My digital footprint might affect my university opportunities if, for example, the University scouts saw that I was drinking, smoking underage and your posting inappropriate pictures of others of myself online, it would have a very negative impact on my application.
- Positive: My digital footprint might affect my job applications if, I, for example, posted pictures of myself volunteering, supporting fundraisers, being active in my school and setting good examples for my peers it would have a very positive impact on my job application for sure.
- Negative: My digital footprint might affect my job applications if, I, for example, posted pictures of myself drinking, smoking underage and harassing people online, it would definitely have a negative impact on my job application.
Question: Describe at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
- Only post pictures that are appropriate to be online for others to see.
- Always keep in mind that anything I post online is there forever and nothing never really gets deleted online.
- Think twice before posting.
Question: What information did you learn that you would pass on to other students? How would you go about telling them?
- I would go about telling them that anything you post online will forever be online it will never get deleted for sure. Think twice before posting and if you don’t think it’s appropriate then ask a friend or just don’t post it at all.
- My own photo
- My own photo
- My own photo
Group members: Audrey Geary, Keira Sandrin and Janice Canela