Toilet paper role througher outer machine

 

 

 

 

Step A

audio sent from iPad plays through speaker in which the sound moves the ball off of the speaker

Energy transformation: electrical to radiant to electrical to sound to mechanical

Step B

ball rolls down the monopoly board from off of the speaker and onto the chair

Step C

Funnel catches the ball and directs it onto lever below

Step D

ball falls out of funnel and onto the lever which releases the elastics that shoot the car forward down the track

Energy transformation: gravitational to elastic to mechanical

Step E

car hits domino chain that extends until the chopstic

Step F

domino hits chopstic which moves it of the track releasing the ball. That ball moves down the track hitting a chopstic realeasing another ball which then releases another ball

Energy transformation: gravitational to mechanical

Step G

ball roles into pillar knocking down another chopstick releasing another ball that roles down into more dominos which knock a deck of cards onto a lever

Energy transformation: gravitational to mechanical

Step H

deck of cards lands on lever which lifts up tape measure releasing it and forceing the end of it to role back into the toilet paper role

Energy transformation: elastic to mechanical

Step I

toilet paper role knocked into garbage by tape measure

 

 

 

Core competencies

creative

I can develop a body of creative work over time in an area of interest or passion

This project definitely sparked my interest and was cool to work on (at the start) and this interest helped me with my creativeness as I was able to come up with ideas with enthusiasm. My passion (at the start) helped me become more creative because I wanted to put extra effort and time into my ideas. The time part was annoying though after 3 hours of building this thing and then an hour of running it until it works it definitely taught us patience and forcing yourself to run your mind on the same task over an extended period of time.

Critical

i can take risks and realize that I may not be successful

our project worked on its 53? Try and that’s not counting the testing we had to go through while setting it up. The whole process of the Rube Goldberg machine is trial and error. Every part we set up needed to be run through separately approximately 25 times to make it work correctly and always had to be largely criticized and motified to make it work or discarded and replaced altogether. We got truly accustomed to the fact that it probably wouldn’t work but we still had the hope that it would (because it had to). Although that we knew that it probably wasn’t going to work we set the machine up with maximum precision each time because we knew that it would have to be if it were going to work as soon as possible.

Communication

In discussion and collaboration, I acknowledge different perspectives, and look for commonalities

I had to work with my partner with complete trust working on different ideas at the same time and setting up different parts and working with the same mindset on different sections as all of are parts had to fit together simultaneously. We gave each other ideas on what we could use for certain aspects and on what aspects we could use certain things. We had to communicate amongst us to be sure that we each knew what each part was needed for how it worked and what we were thinking as the next step. Often we would have to discard our ideas or adapt them in order to work more cleanly together and come out with a greater outcome.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *