PART 1: Budget
What is the career given to you? Waitstaff
What is your estimated salary/income? $49k
Net Income = Gross income $49k x 0.3
My annual Net income is: $34,300
My monthly Net income is annual income / 12 = $2,858.33
- What city would you like to live in? Downtown New Westminster
- How many roommates will you have? 2 roommates
- I plan to RENT or BUY (highlight one)
- My monthly rent or mortgage payment is $966.67
- How much is your home insurance? $29.34/month
- Utilities (Electricity, heating, hot water)
- Living alone: $50/month
- Living with 1 roommate: $35/month per person
- Living with 2 roommates: $30/month per person
|Cell Phone and plan||$20.00/per person|
Total : $78.99
- Complete Meal Planner
- Meal cost $46.09 /month
How will you get around?
- Public transit – $13/month
- Use Car Purchase Assignment for this info
- Total car payment – $239,990.00
- Total monthly car insurance – $1800/month
- Total monthly gas estimate – $200/month
- Health Care:
- What will your monthly rate be? $37.50/month
What will you do for fun?
|How many times per month will you do this activity?||How much does it cost per time you do this?||
TOTAL COST per month
|TOTAL COST of all activities for the month:
Something I want to save up for is Anything.
- This costs 142.91
- I want to buy it in whenever I feel the desire to buy something.
- How much would you need to put into Savings each month to reach this goal? All of my extra cash.
- How much per month will you put into savings towards your goals (5% of your net income is recommended) –$142.91/month
- How much per month will you put into an emergency fund (5% of your net income is recommended; this is for when unexpected costs pop up in your life) – $42.91/month
Where else will your money go? Charity, travel, furniture, renovations etc.
I’m not going to make a special section for this, it would just be one of those things that if I had extra money for in that moment, I would use it.
|LIVING EXPENSES||$ per month||$ per year|
|Rent/mortgage payments||$ 966.67||$ 11,600.04|
|Home Insurance||$ 29.34||$ 352.08|
|Utilities||$ 30.00||$ 360.00|
|Telecommunications||$ 78.99||$ 947.88|
|Meal Costs||$ 46.90||$ 562.80|
|Public transit||$ 13.00||$ 156.00|
|Bike||$ –||$ –|
|Car payments||$ –||$ –|
|Car insurance||$ –||$ –|
|Gas estimate||$ –||$ –|
|Maintenance and repairs (2% of value of car)||$ –||$ –|
|Monthly rate||$ 37.50||$ 156.00|
|Total recreation costs||$ 28.00||$ 336.00|
|Savings||$ 142.91||$ 1,714.92|
|Emergencies||$ 42.91||$ 514.92|
|Personal grooming (haircuts, makeup, shampoo, soap, deodorant, etc.)||$ 75.00||$ 900.00|
|Clothing||$ 200.00||$ 2,400.00|
|Charity||$ –||$ –|
|Total Expences||$ 1,691.22||$ 20,200.64|
|NET INCOME||$ 4,000.00||$ 48,000.00|
1. What was your goal?
My goal was to attempt to stop swearing so much. In recent weeks it has come to my attention that I have a problem, so this was my attempt to fix that.
2. Did you achieve it? How or how not?
Sadly I was not successful with my goal, although I am not that heartbroken over it. Over these past weeks I’d like to think that I have improved this so called “problem” but if anything I think it escalated. The first couple of days i was doing pretty well, but then I got mad at my sister for existing and my attempt at this new and improved me was no more.
3. What was the most challenging part of achieving your goal?
I would say that the most challenging part of this experience was my sister, she makes it very hard to be polite. This goal was challenging because I had to start thinking about what I was going to say before I said it, when I’m usually just waiting to hear what I say.
4. What would you do differently next time?
I probably wasn’t as committed to the cause as I should have been, not gonna lie. Next time if I ever try to attempt this goal again I think I would try to censor myself a lot more and actually think before I speak.
5. Will you continue with this type of goal? If you do, explain what you will do. If not, explain why you are satisfied with where you are at.
I think for right now I bookmark this experiment for now, because this is only a problem around my friend and my sister, I haven’t been called out on it yet so hopefully we will keep it that way.