this is our electrical house for science, the red room is our bedroom, the blue room is the bathroom, the orange room is the living room and the brown room is our kitchen and we have a fold out lawn. it took us 2 weeks to build the house and the circuits. we had 4 different circuits, we had a parallel circuit, series circuit, our own circuit series, and a complex circuit – series mixed with a parallel circuit.
- You have tree light bulbs all have the same intensity when lit explain how you can prove to a classmate that they are connected in a series by unscrewing one light bulb support your answer.
you can prove its a series circuit by unscrewing one light bulb because if it is a series circuit and you do unscrew one light bulb the whole circuit will stop working, none of the light bulbs light up.
2. You have tree light bulbs all have the same intensity when lit explain how you can prove to a classmate that they are connected in a parallel by unscrewing one light bulb support your answer.
you can tell it is a parallel circuit because if you were to unscrew one of the light bulbs the other ones should still be lit, because the energy has multiple places to flow through.
3. you have three light bulbs two are connected in a parallel this combination is connected in a series with the third light bulb. describe the relative intensity of each light.
the intensity of the light in the parallel one would have a lower intensity because there are different ways the electrons could flow. it would be a higher intensity to the light bulb in the series circuit because there is only one way the electrons can flow so it would get to the light bulb faster.
4. in question 3, describe the relative intensities of two remaining lit bulbs if one of the bulbs in a parallel was unscrewed support your answer.
it would still stay the same intensities because there are still other ways for the electrons to flow.
5. reflect on the quality of your ability to collaborate during this project. what did you do well?what could you improve on?
we worked really hard and finished the house on time. we all worked on the circuits and building the house. I think that we probably could’ve done better with the decor of the house if we had a little more time. when we built the circuits and only some of the lights would turn on we would take it apart and see what we did wrong and tried to fix it.
- What questions did you need to research in order to develop your understanding of circuits?
we needed to research how to build a switch with out using a brass pin because we ran out but there wasn’t another way so we connected it to another switch so when the other one would turn on it would turn on too.
- What new or familiar digital tools did you try to use as you worked through this project?
we used our laptops and phones to put the project together, we used our phones to take photos of our house and we used our laptops to do research and post this blog
- How did you verify and cite the information you found?
we didn’t use any information that we didn’t already know.
- How did the process of completing this challenge go? What could you have done better?
it was hard to do because of the time line we had and because our first house broke and didn’t work so that was 2 days gone for working on the house. next time I would just go straight to using cardboard because it is easier to cut and the glue holds it together better.