Identify the countries:
Identify the theme and explain the history:
2) Theme: Imperialism. History: The great powers countries want to expand their territories by exploited the land and sources of weaker countries.
3) Theme: Nationalism. History: Some Bosnian Serbs formed the Black Hand, a group willing to fight for their nationalistic goals. They wanted to unite the Slavic peoples to form “Greater Serbia.”
Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie are assassinated in Sarajevo, Bosnia.
4) Theme: militarism. History: By the beginning of the 20th century, Britain had established the largest navy in the world to protect its vast empire. Germany’s desire to be a major power in Europe drove it to build up its military resources to match Britain’s naval strength. This buildup of military resources forced France—who had long-standing grudges with Germany—to arm itself in a desperate attempt to maintain the balance of power.
France agrees to respect Belgium’s neutrality, but Germany refuses.
Germany declares war on France.
Germany invades Belgium and Luxembourg to attack France.
Britain declares war on Germany.
5) Theme: Militarism. History: By the beginning of the 20th century, Britain had the strongest power of navy. But German wanted to beat the Britain, so the German in turn built more ships, including dreadnoughts of its own. It also increased the size of its army and its reserve of weapons.
6) First, Austria issues an ultimatum to Serbia on July 23 to punish those involved in the assassination and suppress nationalism, but Serbia does not accept the part to allow an Austrian inquiry, then in July 28, 1914, Austria-Hungary declares war on Serbia. Second, Russians had already mobilized to support Serbia. Third, in July 31, Russians order a general mobilization and orders Russia to stop mobilizing. Fourth, France agrees to respect Belgium’s neutrality, but Germany refused. Finally, Britain declares war on Germany.
7) (a) This represent is Britain’s perspective. Because it is a Britain’s cartoon which appears in the Canadian newspaper at the outbreak of the war. And it also shows that it is “ Dual Alliances” fault to cause the war, and the “ triple entente was the hero because they help the Serbia.
(b) The first country is Serbia. because it has the weakest power so people depicted it as a child.
(c) It’s a ionic. The friendship mean the relationship between the powerful countries and weak countries. They only cared about the profit of their own, so the friendship wasn’t true.
For the country with high prevalence of HIV/AIDS, we can offer the pre-pregnancy check to the pregnant women, and change their living condition by offering their job or donate the money.
For the children born into poverty, the education of children is very important, so we must give the children the chance to study, this is the most important point. And we can also improve the living condition of the children, because they are building up their body and need lots of nutrition. The government should let go some law to protect the children, too.
For the women who born into inequality, the most important point is to change people’s mind of the equality between male and female. We are all born equality. We can also form more feminist organizations in order to let the women who are suffering the inequality have a barrier to protect themselves. The education for the young girls is a big problem. We should protect the right of women of learning. Once they have the knowledge, they would know how to protect themselves and stay away from the poverty.
2: from the data, we know that the dependency ratio is 38.82, I think it’s a bit low because it is lower than 40%, so that’s mean we have more workers than dependents.
3: in the year of 2017 of China, there are more births than the deaths, but the natural increase isn’t high. And the males in China are much more than the females. China has entered the stage 4, that is low birth rates, low death rates and low natural increase. But because of the large cardinal number, the population is still a big problem of China.
4: In the year of 2017 of China, the workers(14~64) is more than the dependents(0~14 and 65~), but the next few year, when the workers become the dependents, we seem to have fewer labors, the dependency ratio will increase so China will get into a little trouble of insufficient labor and aging population. Now China has let go of the two-child policy, it is helpful to reduce the stress from these two problems. The government can also let go of immigration policy to have more talents to work for China.
1: 70/1.09=64, that’s mean 64 years later our population will be overflow. This is concern because we, human being are running out all kinds of sources like oil, coals, nat gas and so on. Some day we will use them all and the Earth will be in a disaster.
2: With reference to the demographic transition model, we can see in the late human civilization, the birth rates will equal or very close to the death rates. That tell us the births in a year will roughly equal to the deaths in a year. So the population will be at a constant value, this is a and the only possible and peaceful to control the population.
3: Now the world is in the third stage, high birth rates, low death rates and the increasing population. After that, we will enter the fourth one, low BR, low DR and constant population. IIf the birth rates is lower than the death rates, we will enter the fifth stage. the population will decrease, and someday the birth rates will increase over the death rates again to gain more labors. So it’s possible to go backwards in stages.
4: The main point is concern about the overpopulation is a red herring; consumption’s the problem and the overpopulation is still a problem. The two authors both share the problem of overpopulation. I like the second article more, because it tells us the problem by telling us about the food and sources. No matter how much the population is, if the food and sourceshave been run out, the Earth is over. The reason I don’t like the first one is it only tell us the peak of population, and how many people can live in the Earth. That’s not reality. It’s roughly.
Ranking the job:
4: prime minister
5: government general
The reason why I want to be a senator is that I want to vote on my own to choose the representative I want. And I don’t want to manage the country, this position is best fit for me, so I want this first.
The minister is a helper of prime minister, this is what I like, I don’t have too much responsibility on my shoulder.
MP is a position that to judge a law or opinion wrong of right, this job is also helpful to manage the country, but it has little right, so i put it in the third place.
prime minister, is a position to manage the country, as a head of a country, i don’t think i can do this job well, so i put it in the 4th place.
The reason I don’t want to be GG is this position is on behalf of the Queen, represent her and Canada to work in the government. Although I want to be a assistant in the country, but I don’t want to represent the King or Queen, by the way, this job must good at English and French.
After having the winter break, we came back to school in week 17. In the new week, we learnt the Trigonometry. The primary trig ratios are “sin”, “cos”, “tan”.
In the any triangles, we can find these three values for each angle, we have learnt the simple in math 10, so the important thing in this unit are Sine Law and Cosine Law.
For the sine law, if we know one angle and its opposite line and a side line, or we know two angles and the opposite line of one of them, we can use the sine Law.
This is the cosine law, in fact, there are three functions for each angle, we can use this one to change into the other two. If we know three line or one angle and its two adjacents, we can use the cosine Law.
And in the end, we have biggest angles in this unit, so the symbol of three ratios will change.
For the quadrant 1, sin, cos and tan are all positive; and the Q2, sin is positive, cos and tan are negative; tan is positive , sin and cos are negative in the Q3; in the end, cos is positive, tan and sin are negative in the Q4. It make a sentence: All students take calculate(ASTC). Easy to remember!
Top1: chapter8, absolute value and reciprocal functions
Top2: chapter6, trigonometry
Top3: chapter3, solving quadratic equations
Top4: chapter1, sequences and series
Top5: Chapter4, analyzing quadratic functions
This week we learnt the chapter Rational Expressions and Equations.
For each expression:
1. Factor the numerator and denominator.
2. Identify the non-permissible values of the variables.
3. Divide the numerator and denominator by their common factors.
Frist, we should factor it into
and we can cancel the x-2, but here we should cancel into -1 because they and opposite number,
we will get , but don’t forget the non-permissible, here the x can’t equal to 2 and 3, because we can’t divide by zero.