Self-esteem is one of the most powerful tools young adults need to understand and have. Self-esteem is a tool that helps you overcome and believe in your self during obstacles you may face. You need that strength to listen to yourself and make good decisions to create an ideal lifestyle. That being said, we need to take a step back and think before making decisions, and acting on them immediately. Young adults or children seem to hold onto things and it may effect them later in life if it was a routine or a constant behaviour from a parent, teacher, friend etc. If a child has parents who fell into drugs or alcohol abuse, these young adults may fall into that as well. Parents influence kids, and kids will usually do the same poor decision making as you do. Parents who would abuse their children because they were intoxicated or they were angry, children pick up on it and it will mentally scar them. Children tend to feel unloved and not cared for and they don’t seem to care about these harmful things that our society has today. For example, many teens now “vape” without even thinking about the consequences or what vapes are made from. If you ask a teen, “what are in these vapes”, I can assure you they won’t be able to name or understand the chemicals in them. That is the result of not thinking about your actions and you could never know what may harm you. Young adults are also falling into alcohol and drug abuse and it may because they don’t feel like they need to care about their decisions. Parents may have not taught their children what is right and what is wrong, what is bad and what is good. Sometimes you have parents who may know what there children are doing but they may not care or bother to talk to them about it. People who fall into drug or alcohol abuse usually don’t have the guidance than many of us do. They may not have a place where they feel safe, or able to talk to a trusted adult. These are all ways that young adults may fall into these decisions and lifestyles.
Throughout this project, each of us had different jobs. I contributed by using my phone to film by carefully taking photos of each scene and sometimes moving the characters for the photos. Some of the clips were accidentally filmed upside down so I had to flip each one and edit some of the scenes. I also did some of the voiceovers for a few of the characters. I spent the past few nights trying to organize the video and sent it to the other members of my group.
I chose to reflect on this lab, because it was a really fun lab to make, and they were really good. I enjoyed this lab because it was really enjoyable to make and it was one of our first cooking assignments. The product turned out really well, we didn’t burn them, they were cooked through perfectly. We had everything laid out nicely will the timer, and how we were going to clean the unit etc. It was really nice, because our group worked really well together and we had a fun time making it. It was also good because, our group really cleaned up well and we washed fast and got it all done in time to relax after. We didn’t run into any issues but when we did we just solved them easily without argument. We would sometimes question each other on directions, but we would solve that easily or just ask the teacher for the correct answer. If I were to do this lab again, I would maybe take it a little slower and not stress about time as much. Because it was our 2nd lab we didn’t exactly know how to get everything done in a timely manner, but now we have learned how to get everything done and have time to relax. Now, when we have done most of the cooking, the dishwasher will start to dish wash and start to dry so, we get a head start in the cleaning process. It I much less stressful when you are not as worried about cleaning your unit in time to go to your next class. It was a learning process, to figure out how the class went and how we were suppose to clean in time etc. This lab was overall really fun to bake, and it was a recipe that I would do at home and make for a to go breakfast food.
2. toad in the hole-
I chose to reflect on this lab, because it was our first lab and we were all really excited to cook our first dish. I enjoyed this lab because we got to learn every step into cooking “toad in the hole” and learning while we cook. Our product didn’t turn out exactly well, because the pan we were using got hotter than it should have and made our bread a little burnt. We had a group of 4, and 2 out of 4 of ours were very burnt. We did all try the non-burnt ones and they were really good. Our group worked very well together and even when things got annoying when we were burning things we just laughed it off and continued trying to fix the issue instead of getting frustrated with each other. If we got a chance to to re-do this lab I would try not to burn the bread. I would make sure we were using a better pan and watching how hot it got and what was the correct temperature. Overall, this lab was really enjoyable to make.
2) Describe the images, colours, and font style: The colours are blue, everything Is a light blue and they have white dogs in the image. the image has 2 dogs, one is suppose to be the dog “ceaser” from the dog food and there is another dog who apparently loves the ceaser food. the font in the image is just a little caption in the middle of the advertisement.
3) Name the emotions the ad is trying to evoke from the viewer: I think they may be wanting to show that your dog will really love the dog food and be happier. If you have a dog you want them to be happy and enjoy eating so I think that is what they are trying to get at. I have 2 dogs and i’m looking at this advertisement and I instantly want to buy this product for my dogs.
4) What type of consumer do you think this ad is meant to appeal to: It is meant to appeal to any dog owners, mainly adults because mainly their job to pick what dog food you want your dog to eat.
5) Advertising strategies: I think they used emotions because if you have dogs and you see this ad where these dogs are happy and are all over the girl who gave them food you will want that with your dogs as well. Also, if you have a more picky dog and they will enjoy this type of dog food you will feel better about feeding it to your dog. I think this because there is a caption in the photo, that says ” Now every dog wants to be a Ceaser dog”. Meaning, now all the dogs want to eat Ceaser’s dog food.
2. Describe the images, colours and font styles: The colours are really bright, and it stands out a lot. The image has a darker background and the coke bottle itself is bright and red and stands out. There is a quote and it says “can’t beat the real thing”.
3. Name the emotions the ad is trying to evoke from the viewer: I think that is it trying to make the person who is looking at the photo want a ice cold coke. They are aiming towards making the viewer want there product by showing them images and clips of things that will make them want the coke. For example, the bright colours, the captions and how it is laid in ice.
4. What type of consumer do you think this ad is meant to appeal to: Honestly all ages. I think it appeals to younger kids, because they all like sugary drinks and soft drinks. Teenagers, because they can buy it at school, work, mall, and in general. Lastly, adults because they can buy it for themselves or buy for family parties and to have at home in general.
5) Advertising strategies: They have it laid in ice to make it more appealing because it is implying that its cold and refreshing. How they have it in a glass bottle and captioned “the real thing”. In general this advertisement has a lot of strategies to intrigue consumers into buying their product because of little things like a caption, or an image.
When I think about foods I typically eat, a lot comes to mind. I think at least half of what I eat comes in packaging. When you think about a regular food item you realize how much waste you may be producing.
Think about when you go to the store to get some groceries for dinner. You are making tacos, you need to buy tortillas, taco shells, lettuce, salsa, sour cream, tomato’s, cheese, and beef. That’s a lot of plastics and waste being thrown away. For example, the tortillas, and shells come in a cardboard box and inside there is a plastic covering the shells. Those create waste because the plastics that the tortillas and the shells are in have to be thrown away after you use them. The lettuce you either buy the pre-shredded lettuce that
comes in a plastic package or regular lettuce that you then put in a plastic bag to take home. Either way you are creating waste by using the plastic packaging. The salsa comes in a glass jar which is recyclable, so far, we only have one recyclable item. Then you go and get the sour cream which comes in a plastic container which is producing waste. Then you get tomato’s which you take what you need and put in a plastic bag. The next thing you need is cheese which you either buy pre-shredded cheese or the block of cheese you grate at home. Either way it is in plastic. Now the last thing you need is. The ground beef, which comes in a plastic packaging and has a Styrofoam bottom, and you then put in a plastic bag. Then you go to the cashier to pay and you put all of the items in a grocery bag, and all of that is going to waste when you get home.
As you can tell, I think the main packaging is plastic. I think the packaging is plastic because I think It may keep the food items fresher and protect it from bacteria. But it’s negative, because it is creating so much waste in our lands, and in our oceans. Once we have eaten the food inside then the plastics go into the garbage and into our oceans or landfills. It may take up to 1000 years to decompose a plastic bag because they need a lot of time to break down and disintegrate into the soil. When I think about that I just think of how much plastic is sitting there. There for plastic bags are not a very good thing for the environment. Some ways you can decrease the amount of wastes is use recyclable products to package in.
For a consumer, you can try to buy things that have less waste or don’t have plastics that will create waste. For example, I would buy regular tomato’s instead of the packaged small ones, or instead of buying pre- cut tomato’s because little things reduce waste.
Another example is I would buy packaging that is recyclable over something like plastic. I’m glad that some places use paper bags so you can recycle it after instead of the regular plastic ones. Most stores now charge you for bags hoping you won’t buy them, but people still do, and I think every store should have paper bags that can be recycled.
How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities?
Your digital footprint may affect your future in many different ways. First of all when you are applying for jobs they may google, or research about you and they may find out things you did online. If you post something when you are younger, and you decide to delete it later it still stays online forever and depending on what that is, it may affect your job opportunities. As a result, they may see things online that you posted and they may not want you to work for them.
Keeping your digital footprint safe?
There are many strategies to keep your digital footprint safe. The first reason is that before you post something you should think if its worth posting or not and if its going to affect you in the future. The second reason is that maybe you shouldn’t post into a public website or social media to the internet where everyone can access. I think if you want to post you should at least post on a private account where only people you know or you allow to see your posts can see, instead of a public account where you may have random people looking at your posts. The third reason that I thought of was maybe not tagging you name or full name in everything that you post to stay private and not have everything linked to you. Maybe not have your full name as your user so not everyone knows your full name so they can’t find you online as easy.
What information would I pass along?
I would pass along many messages about the internet. For example one reason I would pass along is that everything that you post on the internet stays on the internet even when you delete it from your feed. Meaning that if you post a photo and decide later to delete it, its really not off the Internet. I would also pass along that you should be careful on the internet and understand what you are posting and what the affects are. For example, I would pass along that if something doesn’t have a positive benefit on posting you shouldn’t post it.