Here is my core competency reflection on my periodic table.
Here is my group’s short story film.
A) In our video, the veldt, we used a lot of props to create physical setting. We made use of the drama props, like the door, and they helped to create a more realistic and accurate physical setting. We also had a screen with a blue sky and clouds in the background, and we added a couple of sound effects.
B) For charactarization, we tried to make our actions as accurate to the characters in the story. We incorporated the lines, actions and personalities that the characters portrayed. For our video though, we didn’t have one specific narrator, we all did it together (I hope we don’t lose marks for that.) Our group decided this together and I think it still turned out well.
C) For the plot, I think we included all the necessary elements. We had our intro: George and Lydia talking about the nursery. The initiating incident: George and Lydia go into the nursery and get scared by the lion. The rising action: the scene doesn’t change when George goes into the nursery again. The climax: the parents are about to shut off the nursery and go on a vacation. The falling action: The parents get a psychiatrist to look at the nursery. And conclusion: The kids lock the parents in the nursery and they get eaten.
D) I think the theme for the story is that you shouldn’t spoil your children. The story shows that doing this can have consiquences for the parents and also the children. I think we demonstrated this in our video through the actions and words of the characters.
When we first got assigned this project and all the jobs were laid out, I volunteered to write the script (my groupmates also wrote a little bit too). I had a couple ideas on what to include and what the charcters were going to say. I asked my group if they wanted to do the recording narrator style or like a normal play, with everyone saying their lines. They chose to do it like a play, which was fine by me. I also acted as Lydia in the video.
One thing I think I did well was writing the characters lines and reactions in the script. I think it portrayed the message of the story pretty well, and I think overall it was a success.
One thing I could have done better though, is write the script narrator style. I know that’s probably how we were supposed to write it, but I wanted to take my group’s opinions into consideration and so we ended up doing it like a play.
I think we communicated well as a group. We each did our jobs as planned, and even though there were some setbacks (like the snow) we still worked together and got it done.
–Also, I know when the video played the sound was too quiet, I’m not sure why. When I played it using my headphones the volume was normal and I could hear what everyone was saying. I don’t want to say it was the speakers because they were also working, but maybe if you rewatched it on a laptop it would work better? I’m also not sure why the video quality was terrible, sorry about that. We used a camera from one of the drama classes (with permission.)
Video title: Can a multiverse ever be real?
By: Mike Merrifield
Date published: January 4, 2015
Link: http://learn360.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=272642&contentID=rXN9n1eLZes&channel=Sixty Symbols&chnID=36
COL Information Fluency:
1. What questions did you need to research in order to research your topic?
The first question I researched was my starting one: Are there other universes besides our own? After looking around, I found a website that explained the multiverse theory. As I was reading it, the website mentioned the oscillating universe theory, which I tried to research. I found that it had more to do with only our word, and not the possibilities of other worlds, so I continued to research the multiverse theory. I also noticed a website that explains more theories that could support the multiverse, but they were a little complicated for me to understand, which is why I didn’t explain them in my project. In general, I researched a lot of websites but kept using the three with the most relevant information, which are the ones I sourced in the project.
2. What new or familiar digital tools did you try to use as you worked through this project?
First, I used Destiny Discover. Through that, a couple artices from national geographic came up which I used and sited. Then, I also used Learn 360 for the video. One other thing that I used, was unsplash. It’s a website where people post pictures that others can download and use.
3. First, we had to do a free write of a couple things we were interested. Then, we wrote a question down on a sheet of paper, and passed it around the class so others could write and give feedback. After that, we sat down with a partner and gave each other suggestions on how to change or tweak our question to improve it. Finally, we decided on our question and started researching for our project.
4. I actually used the template that Miss Brandsma provided us, and not the citation tool. That’s because, for the national geographic aritcles, there was no citation tool and I wanted to be consistant. I could have googled a citaion generator, but the information required was relatively simple to access, so it wasn’t a problem.
5. I think I could have started researching sooner. Even though I finished on time, I could have taken more time to look over my information if I had started sooner. Other then that, I think this project went very well.
The following is a reflection based on the health unit within PE 9 for my core compitencies.
- J’ai utilisé des flashcards pour étudier les notes avec Emmaleigh. On a fabriqué des flashcards sur son ordinateur puis on a répondu aux questions. On a aussi révisé les notes en lisant.
- Je pense que ça a bien marché pour nous, parce que ça nous avons donné la chance a mettre les réponses dans nos propres mots, et a les memoriser.
- Aujourd’hui, on a répondu aux questions des flashcards, et on a revisé les notes de l’unité.
Pourquois gaspillez-vous notre argent sur des accesoires quand il y a des personnes qui meurent chaque jour?? #terrible #essaye_encore #hangry
Est-ce que l’incompétence est héréditaire?! #inacceptable #vraiment? #hangry
Qui a pensé que c’était une bonne idée d’inviter une Autrichienne a devenir reine? #sort #tu_fais_rien #vas_t’en