Video title: Can a multiverse ever be real?
By: Mike Merrifield
Date published: January 4, 2015
Link: http://learn360.infobase.com/PortalPlaylists.aspx?wID=272642&contentID=rXN9n1eLZes&channel=Sixty Symbols&chnID=36
COL Information Fluency:
1. What questions did you need to research in order to research your topic?
The first question I researched was my starting one: Are there other universes besides our own? After looking around, I found a website that explained the multiverse theory. As I was reading it, the website mentioned the oscillating universe theory, which I tried to research. I found that it had more to do with only our word, and not the possibilities of other worlds, so I continued to research the multiverse theory. I also noticed a website that explains more theories that could support the multiverse, but they were a little complicated for me to understand, which is why I didn’t explain them in my project. In general, I researched a lot of websites but kept using the three with the most relevant information, which are the ones I sourced in the project.
2. What new or familiar digital tools did you try to use as you worked through this project?
First, I used Destiny Discover. Through that, a couple artices from national geographic came up which I used and sited. Then, I also used Learn 360 for the video. One other thing that I used, was unsplash. It’s a website where people post pictures that others can download and use.
3. First, we had to do a free write of a couple things we were interested. Then, we wrote a question down on a sheet of paper, and passed it around the class so others could write and give feedback. After that, we sat down with a partner and gave each other suggestions on how to change or tweak our question to improve it. Finally, we decided on our question and started researching for our project.
4. I actually used the template that Miss Brandsma provided us, and not the citation tool. That’s because, for the national geographic aritcles, there was no citation tool and I wanted to be consistant. I could have googled a citaion generator, but the information required was relatively simple to access, so it wasn’t a problem.
5. I think I could have started researching sooner. Even though I finished on time, I could have taken more time to look over my information if I had started sooner. Other then that, I think this project went very well.