Trina, Kiana, Bienne
What makes good writing?
Authors or writers should consider about ‘what would make my writing more interesting to readers?’ while they writhing. For example, after writers set their topic and opinion, the most important thing is grab the reader’s attention. Imagine, what if writers have a fantastic opinions and evidence, but they don’t have readers to show their work? Their writing will not get a spotlight which means it’s not a good writing. So this point writers have to make a great and strong hook to grab the reader’s interest and make them to read their writing until the end. After that, writer should have reasonable 3 opinions and evidences for each of them. Of course, they have to make opinions but some bad writing has no reasonable opinions and evidences. It will not make a good writing. So writers should set a powerful and has impact opinions and evidence for body paragraph.
People who show their argument through their creative writing, they should consider about ‘what key things would make this writing more interesting and better?’, while they writing. For example after writers got their topic and set their arguments, the most important thing is grab reader’s attention. Imagine, what if writer wrote a fantastic opinions and evidence which fit to the topic, but they don’t have readers to show their work? Their writing will not get a spotlight which means it’s not a good writing. For this point, writer should state a great and strong hook at their introduction to grab reader’s interest so make them to read their writing until the conclusion. After that, writer should have reasonable three opinions and comments in there writing. Good writers always have a nice arguments and possible evidence for readers. Writing should include messages that writer wants to give to a readers. Moreover, those great writing have a persuasive power to make their readers agree to their thinks. This paragraph discuss about how to make a good writing, such as State an attractive hook for grabs an interest of audience, and reasonable evidence to support their thought.
I Am From Poem
Use this template to draft your poem, and then write a final draft to share on blank paper.
I am from ___my soft ivory blouse____________ (specific ordinary item)
From __white film camera_____ and ____black television________ (product name) (product name)
I am from the a little cave that my parents created (home description)
cozy , drowsy , smell of tranquil_______ (adjective) (adjective) (sensory detail)
I am from light pink Lisianthus flower , (plant, flower, natural item)
____a plenty of petals gather which seems like has various appearance (description of above item)
I’m from _traveling together on every holiday and ____take a video or picture to record beautiful memory __ (family tradition) (family trait)
From Heeyoung and Keunsang (name of family member) (another family name)
I’m from the responsibility of consideration for each other___ and quick reconciliation __ (description of family tendency) (another one)
From ____famous doctor_____ and dream of mermaid __ (something you were told as a child) (another)
I’m from ___Christianity that I lean on , ___false-hearted which bother me every time_____ (representaation of religion or lack of), (further description)
I’m from busy but lovely Seoul, Korea (place of birth and family ancestry)
Warm bread which still has steam , famous chef’s pasta which has a long noodle like my life (a food item that represents your family) (another one)
From the _________passionate mother who is my biggest supporter and adviser (specific family story about a specific person and detail)
The ____Dad is my roof that I can hid when the rain (another detail of another family member)
sea of west is big for us, because my family went their almost every years (location of family pictures, mementos, archives)
our table was the place that we had conversation, we cry and laugh a lot________ (line explaining the importance of family items)
Entire of my school life, I have bunch of sweet friends, and nice teachers. While, at the top of them my mother was the best supporter and adviser for me. I might not success without her. Every time when I’m in hardship she was beside me. Moreover, this time which I grew up and graduate soon, I would like to give a message to my mother that is my turn to take care of her, and be help for my mom. I took a few scenes that my mother comfort me, but she was alone, but time goes on, I’m with her (be with her tea time).
To. Honourable Miclelle Mungall
Hello, Ms. Mungall. My name is Trina Kim from riverside secondary school grade 12. I’m international student who came from Korea 2 years ago. First of all, I would like to say thanks to you, because of your great managing with British Colombia’s energy people can live comfortably and safely. However, I want to carefully suggest about the fracking (Hydraulic Fracturing). I learned what fracking is and what might effect to human in my geography class. At beginning I thought that is a reasonable way to get a natural energy and it will safe from pollution. While my teacher showed me a documentary I shocked about that. The documentary includes the examples about doubt from pollution of fracking. Many people were struggle with polluted water. They asked about that diary water but it seems like all companies or government avoid the fact and responsibilities. Imagine shooting a water gun on a sand castle. If you use strong water pressure, sand casting will fall down. Even assuming that the water is supporting the ground to some extent, the weakened ground will increase the likelihood of sinkholes. The positive side of Fracking, it has revolutionized the US energy industry. The process is expected to reduce market dependence on relatively variable foreign imports and contribute to reducing fuel costs in the United States by up to 40 percent. However, Even if the pipes that extract the shale gas from the extraction process and the parts that block the groundwater are well sealed, the inevitable cracks in the rocks cause the methane to flow into the groundwater while penetrating the pipe down to several thousand meters. This pollution causes more damage to people’s health and to save a few dollars. Me who love Canada as much as Korea, I really hope this will not happen in Canada.
From. Trina Kim
- Weathering: first step of denudation. disintegration or disintegration of rocks near the earth’s surface.
Erosion: removal and movement of rock. associated organic matter.
Transportation: carried out by water, ice, wind or wave action. Integral part of erosion.
- Water goes into fractures and freeze into ice. In this process, the volume of water expands so the gap getting wider. All chemical weathering need water.
- Positive: could get a new landmark, helps geographical study, recourses,
Negative: rockslide, crack of building became dangerous
- Because of the air pollution, the acid rain might contribute to (limestone)weathering physically, step the rock and break it (physical),
- More surface area means more area could reflect by chemical, so it increase the weathering
- Some types of rocks weather more rapidly in humid climates, while dry climates make other rocks more susceptible to attack. Limestone weathers rapidly in areas with wet climates, where rainwater mixed with carbon dioxide in soil or creates a weak acid that dissolves the limestone to form crevices and valleys.
- Salt crystals grow; they expand and exert high pressures on the surrounding materials. Soon, it breaks off and falls away.
- Tropical(hot and humidity) area could chemical weathering.
1.Explain why the plastic nature of the asthenosphere and convection currents are important to the theory of plate tectonics.
- The asthenosphere makes the plastic can flow slowly.
2. Which type of plate boundary is:
- Found at mid-ocean ridges? à Diverging
- Most often associated with forming mountain belts on continents? à Collision
- Associated with the San Andreas fault? à transform fault
3. Is it better to live near a regularly active fault line or an inactive fault line? Explain.
- Active fault will be better to live. Inactive fault means land is not circulating. If the land is not circulating and the earthquake is happen, the victim will be worse than active fault.
4.Explain why volcanic activity along transform faults is relatively rare.
5. Use a plate boundary map to explain why Japan and Indonesia should face more earthquakes than anywhere else in the world. (provide the map you used in your post)
- Both of them are placed on the plate boundary.
6. Use a plate boundary map and explain how plate tectonics would affect where you live.
- Korea was near to plate boundary. However, Japan became a barrier of earthquakes or tsunami. So the rate of the victim could be lower than Japan.
7.Use a plate boundary map and explain the relationship between the position of volcanoes, fault lines and plate movement.
- Usually volcano is created near the plate boundary. Also each plates are have different direction to move. It represent that the reason why earthquakes are occur often. Also the plate’s movement, earthquakes, and volcano, the fault lines might be have different order or shape.
- Using a plate boundary map and the population density map below, which countries are at risk of having many people affected by earthquakes and volcanic activity?
- Japan will get the most hardest effect by earthquakes. As the population density map show, east Asia has high population. One of the high country is Japan. But as the plate boundary map, Japan is placed on the plate boundary not the beside. Also, the volcano is located a lot in Japan. Also, other countries are mostly connected with continent. Hoevere, Japan is completely island. So they might get tsunami.
For these reasons Japan is consider to the most affected country by plate.
1.How do the formation of rocks affect your life? Organize your response by rock type.
- Igneous : in Korea we have a statue names ‘Dolharbang which is a symbol representing an island. It’s made by a Igneous because of that I could understand that volcanic island’s past.
- Metamorphic: I could find and use marble statue or table, walls.in my life.
- Sedimentary: I ought some Jewelry. I talked about Birthstone with my friend
2. In what ways is the rock cycle affected by the energy within the earth, the atmosphere and the hydrosphere? Explain which rock types would be affected by each.
- hydrosphere-> sedimentary rock
- Atmosphere-> erosion
3.Explain why sedimentary rocks usually do not contain metallic minerals.
- Metallic deposits are most commonly derived from hydrothermal activity and/or magmatic actions which in general are a concentrating process. But the sedimentary rocks is made up of a process in which several particles are deposited and hardened.
4. Look ahead to the map on page 87, explain where in Canada you would expect to find metamorphic rocks forming.
5. If you were attempting to discover oil and gas deposits in Canada, what conditions would you be looking for?
- sedimentary rocks, dried up rivers
6. Explain how it is possible to distinguish between sedimentary and metamorphic rocks that appear layered.
- If the layers are arranged in parallel to the direction perpendicular to the pressure or if they are patterned like marble, they are metamorphic rocks
- If the layers are parallel to sea level, or if there are fossils that are left with remains or traces of living organisms, they are sedimentary rocks.
7. Use the rock type map of Canada to identify the major rock types for each province/territory and the possible resources that may add to their economy.
- sedimentary rocks. because Canada has many coast
8. Explain how rocks affect politics and economics around the world. give specific examples.
- Trade the rocks for Interior industry, Building industry, or Tourism industry.
- Gold rush