- Weathering: first step of denudation. disintegration or disintegration of rocks near the earth’s surface.
Erosion: removal and movement of rock. associated organic matter.
Transportation: carried out by water, ice, wind or wave action. Integral part of erosion.
- Water goes into fractures and freeze into ice. In this process, the volume of water expands so the gap getting wider. All chemical weathering need water.
- Positive: could get a new landmark, helps geographical study, recourses,
Negative: rockslide, crack of building became dangerous
- Because of the air pollution, the acid rain might contribute to (limestone)weathering physically, step the rock and break it (physical),
- More surface area means more area could reflect by chemical, so it increase the weathering
- Some types of rocks weather more rapidly in humid climates, while dry climates make other rocks more susceptible to attack. Limestone weathers rapidly in areas with wet climates, where rainwater mixed with carbon dioxide in soil or creates a weak acid that dissolves the limestone to form crevices and valleys.
- Salt crystals grow; they expand and exert high pressures on the surrounding materials. Soon, it breaks off and falls away.
- Tropical(hot and humidity) area could chemical weathering.