1.How do the formation of rocks affect your life? Organize your response by rock type.
- Igneous : in Korea we have a statue names ‘Dolharbang which is a symbol representing an island. It’s made by a Igneous because of that I could understand that volcanic island’s past.
- Metamorphic: I could find and use marble statue or table, walls.in my life.
- Sedimentary: I ought some Jewelry. I talked about Birthstone with my friend
2. In what ways is the rock cycle affected by the energy within the earth, the atmosphere and the hydrosphere? Explain which rock types would be affected by each.
- hydrosphere-> sedimentary rock
- Atmosphere-> erosion
3.Explain why sedimentary rocks usually do not contain metallic minerals.
- Metallic deposits are most commonly derived from hydrothermal activity and/or magmatic actions which in general are a concentrating process. But the sedimentary rocks is made up of a process in which several particles are deposited and hardened.
4. Look ahead to the map on page 87, explain where in Canada you would expect to find metamorphic rocks forming.
5. If you were attempting to discover oil and gas deposits in Canada, what conditions would you be looking for?
- sedimentary rocks, dried up rivers
6. Explain how it is possible to distinguish between sedimentary and metamorphic rocks that appear layered.
- If the layers are arranged in parallel to the direction perpendicular to the pressure or if they are patterned like marble, they are metamorphic rocks
- If the layers are parallel to sea level, or if there are fossils that are left with remains or traces of living organisms, they are sedimentary rocks.
7. Use the rock type map of Canada to identify the major rock types for each province/territory and the possible resources that may add to their economy.
- sedimentary rocks. because Canada has many coast
8. Explain how rocks affect politics and economics around the world. give specific examples.
- Trade the rocks for Interior industry, Building industry, or Tourism industry.
- Gold rush