- What are some things you have learned and/or tasks you have accomplished this semester? What are some things you have been involved with supporting the school?
Throughout this semester (2 quarters) I have learned quite a few things with COVID-19 going around. Having to change our ways to be able to help people with technology problems. So far though I have accomplished and mastered the Cricut Machine, obtained a good understanding of the 3d printer and continued to stay after school almost everyday to help anyone who needs technology help. I have helped almost everyone who is in the maker space trying to make their project designs on the circuit. Also I have helped with events around the school that needed technology in order for them to be broadcasted.
(The layered mask)
- What aspects of your work are successful? Explain why.
For the cricut machines I was able to figure out how to use the machine in a quick and good manner. I was able to use those skills that I obtained to help others which helps my initiative taking and skills when communicating with others because you want to make sure you help to the best of your ability and so that they can get the product that they want.
- What aspects of your work is challenging? Explain why.
The most challenging thing that happened this semester is when I was trying to make the layered masks. This is because when you are trying to layer, there is a chance that you melt the bottom layer too much and it will result in a bad product.
- What step did you take to overcome these challenges/ what adjustments did you need to make?
To be able to overcome this I had to use certain colors. Darker ones in particular because the darker ones have a higher melting point hence reducing the amount of possible melting that comes from it. I also had to do a lot of temperature changes if I didn’t use the darker colors. The product ended up great but there was a lot of troubles to get to that point.
- Is there anything you can do to improve? (With your approach to the project, altering the project)
I would say before I get to a point of no return to make sure I look at the colors that you would use. This is because I tried to make a kirby but it ended looking real bad since I used white on the bottom and the low melting point messed up a lot. So knowing and thinking ahead of what color adjustments I could do would do a lot.
- As Riverside continues to immerse itself into innovation and technology, what do you think Riverside can do to provide support and help for teachers and students? (Provide specific examples)
If I remember it would be something similar I said last year which would be make sure the teachers feel more and more familiar with their technology so they can go at a good and smooth pace. I feel like people are too afraid to go to the wave to ask for help so a good thing would be to possibly find a way encourage people to go even when its a small problem. Also have people at the wave that can fix the very hard problems. Marcus and I had to spend like an hour to try and fix a persons computer since every single time something opened it corrupted and broke. (Have people who understand computers in depth) (Uninstall and reinstall didn’t work)
- Do you have any feedback or suggestions, as we move forward, that could help the Tech Team meet the needs of our school and staff/ be more effective? (provide specific examples)
Not much other then have people at the wave who can excel and help fix issues anytime in the day.