- Check in with group
- You should be having discussion 9 soon. I will observe your final discussion, please let me know
- Final reflection to be completed before sending in notes.
- Hand in notes #1-5 with reflection
- Discussion 5 or begin reading Section 6: plan for Wednesday for Discussion 6
- Core Competencies activity: In your lit circle groups, evaluate what the cc you were given means to you, define, and then apply it to the protagonist in the novel you are ready. Use textual examples
- Grammar: No Red Ink: Parts of Speech Review, there will be a quiz next Tuesday, February 12
- Go over short story summary for “The Paper Bag Princess”
- The paper bag princess pdf-t7jrfi
- Writing a thematic statement (tool box of terms ‘rules for writing thematic statements’)
- Terminology Quiz Thursday: studyhere these may just a portion of the terms, so rely on your tool box of terms to study.
- Sway presentations tomorrow! Make sure you SWAY is uploaded to your blog, we will review this in c lass, but check original criteria sheet (step 2)
- 1 – Short Story Terms – Powerpoint Presentation-1bm9ma2
- Finish reading Section #3
- Notes for Discussion #3
- If you are able to have discussion 3 today, please do so.
- If you have to be away on a discussion date, make sure you email or give your notes to a group member.
- short story review go over
- Short story final: please silent read when you are done
- Combining sentences due
- Four types of sentences begin
- Poetry terminology
Good morning, sorry I have to be away so early in the semester, but my throat feels like it has glass shards in it and I don’t want anyone to get sick.
After your toc does attendance, please go down to the library and enjoy Ms. Henderson’s book talk! Everyone must choose a book to leave in the classroom. You can get to know your book (read it) for 15-20 minutes. If there is time, please work on your sway which is due on Tuesday, along with the descriptive paragraph. Have a great Friday!
Good morning, I am sorry to be away so early in the semester, but my throat feels like glass shards and I don’t want to make everyone sick.
When you go to the library after attendance, please enjoy Ms. Henderson’s book talk and then choose a book to leave in the classroom.
If there is time left, get to know that book for 15-20 minutes (read it). Mr. Barrazoul will come by to go over how to begin your sway.
Reminder: your partner paragraph is due today, please email it to me
Have a great Friday!