Poetry can tell a story, remember an event, be an expression of emotion, or take the perspective of someone else, as in the case of Chanie Wenjack and Gord Downey’s Secret PathExplore the Secret Path, headphones are requiredOnce you have chosen a poem, get the lyrics, metro lyrics is a good site
once you have the lyrics chosen, analyze the poem (use 4 square)
New groups to be formed to join 1 member from each poem, with the other poems. You must have your “What Is Poetry” student booklet out. Please also take notes for each poem on the paper, to help you remember when you study for the final.
On your own!
Richard Cory: find the poem in your booklet
Answer these questions:
1. What is the relationship between Richard Cory and the speaker?
2. How does rhyme and meter move the poem forward?
3. What does the poem suggest about envy?
4. What does the poem suggest about privilege?
5. If you were going to recite this poem, how would you avoid falling into a sing-song pattern?