- Grammar Quiz
- Journal response #2: How does the author create humour? Give examples of dialogue and situations from the story that you think are amusing. Identify what type of irony is used.
- Persuasive paragraph due today: #choices
- Grammar: finish Parts of Speech, Quiz Tuesday
- Go over Short Story Summary for “Choices”
- So who is to blame? Write a persuasive paragraph proving who is at fault for the accident, and Peggy’s life. Use at least 1 quotation, strong topic sentence, hook, relevant supporting details, and proper conventions of English.
- Mark Quizzes
- short story terminology quiz
- Grammar: Parts of Speech continued
- Short story summary: “The Hockey Sweater”
- Finding theme:
This story is based on the author’s own experience, and most of us can connect with it because most of us have a similar childhood memory. Think of a memory of your own and summarize the memories into a logical sequence (think short story summary), then draft a short recollection of this event. Is it humourous, sad, exciting?
- silent reading
- Uploading your Sway and descriptive paragraph to your blog. #LIFESWAY
- Short story summary: The Hockey Sweater-homework check
- Kahoot for terms quiz tomorrow
- Grammar: No red ink: Parts of speech II (concrete and common nouns focus)
- Use your short story terminology to apply to this stor
- Short story terms quiz Thursday, study here
- silent reading
- time to work on your SWAY: Life is About Experiences due Wednesday #LIFESWAY
- Quiz Wednesday on Short Story Terms
- short story summary 2 TEST form-1rewqhq
Good morning, I am sorry to be away so early in the semester, but my throat feels like glass shards and I don’t want to make everyone sick.
When you go to the library after attendance, please enjoy Ms. Henderson’s book talk and then choose a book to leave in the classroom.
If there is time left, get to know that book for 15-20 minutes (read it). Mr. Barrazoul will come by to go over how to begin your sway.
Reminder: your partner paragraph is due today, please email it to me
Have a great Friday!
- Grammar: go to www.noredink.com and sign up for a student account
- Class code: cool owl 60
- begin parts of speech review
- THE EIGHT PARTS OF SPEECH-10aanas
- Descriptive writing: Life is About Experiences
- Sway: Life Is About Experiences