- Please sit in your groups
- Have one member create a shared folder on one note/google docs/other.
- Review the roles before reading, make sure everyone understands what their responsibilities’ are before beginning reading (sticky notes available for free on the COW cart). Make sure you stop reading at the assigned page #!
- Do notes/role for tomorrow’s first discussion.
- literature_circles_roles (Tate – Final)
- TKAM Chapters 1-14 (Word)-20eb6hs
- Maycomb map
TKAM: I will attach notes to aid your understanding as you progress through the novel. Please ask me questions!
TKAM character list-1i0uzzf
About the Author
- No Red Ink: Finish Tuesday’s unit, silent read when done.
- Sonnet XV: Sonnet XV & CXVI-293f68g Find the paradox!
- Time to work on your own Sonnet
- Poetry Final on Tuesday!!
Write a Sonnet in Seven Steps
- Choose a Theme or Problem. Sonnets usually explore universal elements of human life to which many people can relate (love, maturity, words of wisdom, humour, irony, frustration)
- Pick a Type of Sonnet- Shakespearean
- Write in Iambic Pentameter-or at least try to
- Organize Stanzas- 3 x quatrain + 1 couplet
- Follow a Rhyme Scheme-ABAB CDCD EFEF GG
- Incorporate a Volta- or another way of saying this, TONE SWITCH, when it is coming to the end, your tone should chang
- Use Poetic Devices-sound, comparison, word play-refer to Poetry Terminology if you forget (please don’t we’ve spent a lot of time on this)