Sanders, Robert H. “The Milky Way as a Barred Spiral Galaxy.” Revealing the Heart of the Galaxy, pp. 83–98., doi:10.1017/cbo9781139856546.007.
Haghighipour, Nader. “Kepler 186f: First Earth-Sized Planet in Habitable Zone.” Encyclopedia of Astrobiology, 2015, pp. 1325–1326., doi:10.1007/978-3-662-44185-5_5294.
Chen, R., et al. “Galaxy Group around Giant Radio Galaxy NGC 315.” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 420, no. 3, 2012, pp. 2715–2726., doi:10.1111/j.1365-2966.2011.20245.x.
Information fluency reflection:
- I had to research what kind of galaxies there are, if there is a similar one to ours, if we could travel outside of the milky way, and if there are any planets other than our own that we could adapt to.
- I used a familiar tool a lot by making sure I used reliable sources and websites for my research.
- I used the process of elimination by researching something and if that wasn’t the solution then that thought would be eliminated and I would go to another idea.
- I verified the information I found by making sure it was a legit website like NASA or space.ca and I cited my things using an MLA format on Bibme.
- The process of completing this challenge went well I had the weekend to write it and wrote a paragraph a day so I could find further research and change anything I had to.