Me and my group (Aakash, Sog Won, Andrea, and Ziheng). Our idea was to draw the theme park based on our novel in ww2 era. In the beginning we brainstorm what should inside our theme park, and we each have roles like voice actors, draw the park, video editing. I picked the role video editing for this project because i have some experience editing videos before. The only challenging part for my role was i have to wait for peoples a voice audio and the Illustration of the park, but it work out in the end and we work hard and I’m really proud for what me and my group did for this project.
- Is there a connection between population increase and CO2 levels?
- What are some of the impacts of climate change?
A changing climate has a range of potential ecological, physical and health impacts, including extreme weather events (such as floods, droughts, storms, and heatwaves); sea-level rise; altered crop growth; and disrupted water systems.
- Based on the data, what should we do to lower CO2 emissions?
Reuse recycles, use less heat and air conditioning, replace your light bulbs, use less hot water, plant tree
- See the Climate Causes below, which ones do you have control over?
Deforestation rainforest, consumerism, oil platform
- In what ways does Climate Change become an issue of class?
Two things I most proud is that type more words in my essay, last thing is I finished it in time before handing it in.
Two things I need to work on is I need to practice more of my grammar and vocab, and I need to improve making essays in the future.
Dear, First Nation People
Please accept my most sincere apology for our behavior 50 years ago. We have thought long and hard about what happened and we realized how very upset and angry all of you must have been. We really sorry for creating situation, which I know we should have handled better. I admit that I was wrong and can only say how sorry we were. We can promise all you that this will never happen again and hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove this to all the First nation. I understand that it might be difficult for you guys to accept our apology but hope that this letter will help. I will visit each tribe this week to apologize in person and hope that you guys will be able to give us another chance.
The movie gives a message about the importance of finding balance between masculinity and feminity. Mulan knows she is not the ideal women, but she initially tries to obey to what is expected of her in order to save her family from disgrace. When Mulan decides to take her father’s place and join the war. This character affected me in a positive way because, just cause your a man or women that doesn’t mean you can do other things what men or women do.
‘I’ll Make a Man Out of You’ is not just the best song of the movie. It’s the roadmap giving to the characters for becoming men. Its focus is on strength, but the song also highlights tranquillity and balance as traits the soldiers need to obtain. Aspects that aren’t far off from quiet, graceful and poised, all of which were applied to the women earlier. Mulan and the other soldier have to learn these traits before they are deemed ‘men’.
I’m thankful for my family and I’m very blessed that I have very caring parents and two sisters to look out for, also for my parents they did so much for me and always supports me in order to reach my dreams and my goal. I’m also very thankful for my friends that they would always be there for each other and make us happy every time you feel down or every time you feel depressed. Last thing I’m so much thankful for living in Canada to experience traveling outside of my country, try new things, meeting new people and so much more. I’m very proud who I’m right now and things that I accomplished over the past 4 years, much thanks to my mom because she did most of things since I was little.
- You have three lights bulbs. All have the same intensity when lit. Explain how you can prove to a classmate that they are connected in series by unscrewing one light bulb. Support your answer.
When you unscrew the lightbulbs or turn them off, the electrons have no home to go to and no circuit to complete therefore letting the electrons fall off and have to go back not lighting the rest of the lightbulbs and pushing the electrons through the full circuit.
2. You have three light bulbs. All have the same intensity when lit. Explain how you can prove to a classmate that they are connected in parallel by unscrewing one light bulb.
When the lightbulbs being in parallel, it means multiple other lightbulbs are still available to complete the circuit, and thus allowing them finish the loop by going through the other bulbs which are attached.
3.You have three light bulbs. Two are connected in parallel. This parallel combination is connected in series with the third light bulb. Describe the relative intensity of each bulb. Support your answer.
When there were 3 light bulbs connected in series, the power of each one will become equally as strong, why because there is one battery available for every light bulb. Therefore, they held no different intensity between each bulb.
4.In question number three, describe the relative intensities of the two remaining lit bulbs if one of the bulbs in parallel was unscrewed. Support your answer.
If one bulb was unscrewed both would still receive the equal charge as the battery is available for every light bulb
|Behavior/Item: Electric Guitar|
– Maple or mahogany, and fretboards are typically made from maple, rosewood, and, occasionally, ebony. High-end electric guitars sometimes have one-piece wooden bodies, but many guitars are made from several pieces of the same wood species glued together.
– A nickel/steel alloy string has a slightly more subdued sound than a pure steel string, with steel typically being brighter. The two main types of electric guitar strings have windings made from nickel/steel alloy or pure stainless steel.
– The usual guitar paints are lacquer paints (hard paints) made from polyester, polyurethane and nitrocellulose because these continue to cure over time, are durable and enhance the guitar’s sound. Nitrocellulose paint is known as a lacquer, and it is a hard paint that has long been used on musical instruments.
– Wood is selected, inspected, and processed to be made into bodies, necks and fingerboards. Sometimes it must be cured first in a conventional or vacuum kiln to maximize its stability. Curing can take as long as a week, and it relieves stress and wetness. The wood that will be made into a body is loaded onto a scissors lift and transferred to a conveyor where it is planed on both sides. It then moves down to the cut-off saw worker, who cuts the wood to size. From there, the wood is sent to a machine called a KOMO, a computer-controlled router that drills weight relief holes to make the wood lighter. The machine also cuts a channel in the wood where wire will eventually be placed.
– The wood then goes back into the rough mill, where it will have a maple top and mahogany back glued on in a glue mill under 900 lb (408 kg) of pressure. It is then placed on a glue wheel to dry for four hours. Up to this point, the wood is a square block. When dry, it is ready to be shaped. It is sent back to the KOMO, which is programmed to cut the periphery into the desired shape. The KOMO also routs the back electronic pockets.
– The body then goes to the body line for its final shaping. First, a worker sands the body by hand with sandpaper, then it undergoes a process called “rabbeting.” Rabbeting involves first making a machine cut that will accommodate the binding that the body needs. The worker maneuvers the body while the machine makes the cut. The body then moves down the line to the binding station. The worker takes the binding material, drenches it in glue by pulling it through a glue box, then wraps it around the rabbet cut made in the body. The worker then ties the body completely with rope to hold the glued binding material in place. Then the body is hung overnight to dry.
– A guitar in a case will run you somewhere between $100 to $150 to ship. Yes, it will cost that much. A guitar shipped in a gig bag will be around $75 to $90. Obviously, this varies dependent on how far it must ship.
– If you’re flying a commuter plane, your guitar is most likely going in the hold (unless you can talk the attendants into letting you take up the whole coat closet); but if it’s a bigger plane, there’s a chance you can take it on as a carry-on item. They must fit their carry-on items around your guitar.
– The power consumption is always much higher than the power output. In this case the output power is 85 watts RMS and the power consumption are 260 watts.
– An electric guitar is a guitar that uses one or more pickups to convert the vibration of its strings into electrical signals.
– Typical costs: A basic electric guitar with amplifier and cord starts around $200-$400 for a beginner’s outfit; a better-quality kit can run $500-$2,000, and high-end electric guitars are $2,000-$5,000 or more for the instrument alone
Use color and/or symbols to identify the impacted sphere(s) for information above.
|Connections Between Effects
e.g. if your behaviour is “paper use” and you identified deforestation as an effect on the biosphere, you could also connect deforestation to soil erosion in the lithosphere
– Consumption and the cost how much electricity you use. Electric guitar uses 260 watts per hour and that energy cost 246.74 per year.
How can you reduce the negative effects of your chosen behaviour?
|Small scale solutions (personal):
– I would rather use acoustic guitar since they don’t use electricity
– Maybe make your own guitar by using cardboard boxes and rubber bands. That way you don’t use trees/wood and all kinds of raw material.
|Large scale solutions (policy/government/law):|
“What are Electric guitars made of”
“What are electric guitar strings made of”
“What are Electric guitar paints made of”
“How electric guitar manufacturing”
How will robotics affect the life of teenagers in the future.
-It is meaningful to me because, we might get even more lazier and the machines can control you.
-This should be meaningful to others because it is important that we leave our devices for a moment and start socializing with people and not talking in social media.
Will jobs not be a thing for humans: Published by: Laura Cox, Date published: May, 16, 2017
- We live in amazing times. Driverless cars, drones delivering packages and chatbots taking our fast food orders. In fact, this entire “thing” of robotics and artificial intelligence (AI) is now being called the next industrial revolution. And it does not come without a lot of fear about a large workforce losing its jobs and means of making a living.
When robotics take all the work, what’ll will be left for us?: Author by: Marcus Wohlsen, Date published: August, 8, 2014
- Humans will continue to be useful workers, the argument goes, because of things like empathy, creativity, judgment, and critical thinking. Consider the all-too-common experience of calling customer service reps whose employers force them to follow a script—a kind of pseudo-automation. When made to follow a decision tree the way a computer would, all four of those qualities are sucked out of the interaction—no opportunity to exercise creativity, empathy, judgment, or critical thinking—and the service provided tends to stink.
- https://www.wired.com/2014/08/when-robots-take-all-the-work-whatll-be-left-for-us-to-do/Advantage and disadvantage of using of robots in life: Author by: Heba Sofar, published: April, 2, 2019
- Most of robots are automatic so, they can move without any human interference, They can entertain us and they can help us in certain tasks, You can send them to dangerous environment such as the deep sea or the war-zones. The robots can be programmed to reach the Earth’s nadir, They can be used to dig for the fuels, They can be used for mining purposes, They can be harnessed for exploring the depths of oceans, They can be used to overcome the limitations that humans have. https://www.online-sciences.com/robotics/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-using-robots-in-our-life/
This information will help me answer my big question because it said that many jobs will take over by machines but humans can be still be useful workers the argument goes, because of things like empathy, creativity, judgment, and critical thinking. Robots can perform task that humans cannot, for example. Entering dangerous environments.
1. How might your digital footprint affect your future opportunities ? give at least two examples
– It could affect you because anything you post or send will be saved forever even if you think you delete it, it never goes away.
for example when your friend ask you a picture that is inappropriate, it will never go away and it will there forever.
2. Described at least three strategies that you can use to keep your digital footprint appropriate and safe.
– you have to think before sharing other stuff and think about the post you shared to other people, you also need to be smart about social media and use good passwords.
3. what information did you learn that you would pass on to other students? How would you go about telling them?
– I learned that when you send a inappropriate pictures to your friends it will never go away it will stay there forever, and you have to be smart about what are you gonna post.